Choosing your business name?

LizzyQ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've gotten a few photoshoots booked and I am trying to pick out a name to register my business as. How did you choose your name? This is my husband's and My project together, and we have different last names that sound awful together.

I chose my First and Middle name. Corbin Lane. It works fine for me.

I already owned the names sageworld.co.uk and sageworld.org. sageworld.com was already taken so I decided to call myself sagephotoworld.com.

I realise now that it was a mistake as it's not snappy enough. It also means the name is so long that it has to be printed small on my clothes.

My advice - 2 words and keep them short. How about MamaPhoto?

I use my first & middle names.....

But you could find something that you and your husband have in common...

One of my friends named her photography BB .. Her boyfriend calls her Bug and she calls him Bear... So that's how she got her name. It's cute.

Maybe you could find something like that?

my friend and I are starting our business soon. we're really close and everyone calls us twins...so when it came down to it, we wanted something catchy...we came up with Twin Vision Photography...

What do y'all think? Can you give us both of your names or what you mainly shoot so we can help?

Lizzy, when we went with Innocent Expressions we had some other ideas that we ended up not going with. One was Essence of Innocence. We just talked through so many names (some of them were not entirely appropriate!) and chose what we liked best. Think about who your clients are and what you want to sell and go from there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back