chris' super-fantastic downtown picture thread!!

christopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.djedhi.net
barbed-wire.jpg

brick-building.jpg

ice-cavern.jpg

MORE! at:
http://www.djedhi.net/pictures/Digital Photographs/Ice/

these were from a trip I took downtown. my trusty digi camera is finally getting some use out of it. enjoy. (they are darker on my monitor, so I don't know how they really look, i like them the way they look on my monitor so.. yeah, i'm done.)

Not bad!
Love the reds of the building and nice DOF of the snow/ice shot.

thanks! I'm walking around a lot with my digi cam looking for good shots for the portfolio I have to put together to be able to get into the Photo major at school.

Beautiful work! The first 2 shots are well composed. Try taking some red or magenta out of the whites in the building photo.(it may just be my monitor.) Keep in mind that in certain circles vertical photos are a no no. The theory being that the eye naturally sees things horizontally.

Thanks again!
but to reitterate: more people should click on the link provided because there are MORE pictures there!

I agree with the horizontal statement, but I don't agree with the no-no part. It's a different way of seeing things and in some cases can give different effects for people who are more/less accustomed to viewing horizontal pictures. It can create a weird tension, like having to look up at very tall buildings, you feel so different when you are beside them.

Ooo, didn't notice the whites being so magentaized, Thanks!

Thanks again, and remember to look at the link provided.

Whoa!!! I think I should of checked out the link before I opened my trap. The work is strong. Maybe a little random, but I see your style none the less. I would say you are a "shoe in" for the photo major bid!

:D
that means a lot, thank you very much!

(yeah, i haven't been able to choose a subject, i'm a random headed person I guess. lol)

Hmmm, tossup between the barbed wire and the ice shot for which I like best.

On my monitor the brick building is almost pink. Looks unnatural, but kinda cool at the same time.

Some good stuff here, no need to pigeonhole yourself to one "style" at this stage I don't think. Maybe never. Then again, I'm still searching for my style, so what the he77 do I know? ;)

Love the ice shot

You should advertise your site in the Personal Photography Sites forum Chris, if you haven't already. People will comment more on your site there. :sillysmi:

Thanks Manda, never thought about that. :oops:

Photobug > I just realised something (well, last night but that's still soon enuogh). I was just thinking about style and how people always strive for it. But understanding a "style" is just the way you find something beautiful. So, I guess I'll take your advice and try not to pigeon hole myself. :)

thanks again for the comments!

Most reactions

Back