Christmas card pictures

bc_steve

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevedinicol.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My girlfriend and I went out to a frozen lake and took some pictures for Christmas cards.
I wore dark pants and I should have known better. Otherwise I am pretty happy.

DSC_9510.jpg
DSC_9541.jpg

Looking good! Crop the top of #2. Pants look just fine. Nice dogs. OK, I'm running out of things to say. :)

Looking good! Crop the top of #2. Pants look just fine. Nice dogs. OK, I'm running out of things to say. :)
Ya it's just that my dog would have stood out more on lighter pants. That's why I took off the dark (and warm!) hoodie for the second one.

I think you're probably right that the strip of land on the other sure isn't worth including.

Thanks!

Are you the one with the red collar or the black collar?

;)

Nicely done Steve... just keep all that white s**t up your way would you? I'm quite enjoying the occasional light shower and 47 degree temperatures we're having down here in Victoria.

It's actually supposed to hit +11°C up here by Tuesday. Don't know if I am actually looking forward to it though. Wet isn't really my thing!

As Christmas card photos go I'd call these pretty darned good! :)

Either you have very obedient and compliant dogs or you achieved a miracle in both shots... Although to be ultra picky, in #1 the brown dog is looking a tad bored and isn't smiling. ;)

Although to be ultra picky, in #1 the brown dog is looking a tad bored and isn't smiling. ;)

That appears to be his natural countenance. "Annoyed Resting Face."

Nice set! I thought kids were hard to photograph, until I got my dog. She will not look at the camera. She always looks just past it. Not sure how you got them to both look at the same time! Kudos.

Looks really awesome for Christmas cards. :encouragement:

If we sent Christmas cards with ourselves on the front over here I don't think people would talk to use again, I would send them to the people I didn't like

If we sent Christmas cards with ourselves on the front over here I don't think people would talk to use again, I would send them to the people I didn't like
It's a VERY North American (speaking of the continent, not the USA) thing... especially if you include the annual family newsletter about how all the kids are getting straight A* grades at (name your top uni of choice), Herb is now executive VP of the company and Jane is President of the local chapter of the Daughters of the Revolution etc. If we did that here it would be more like "Herb is still on the dole, Jane got picked up for soliciting, Little Pete is doing time for robbery and dealing speed and Marg is expecting her 2nd baby in March, just in time for her 16th birthday." ;)

As Christmas card photos go I'd call these pretty darned good! :)

Either you have very obedient and compliant dogs or you achieved a miracle in both shots... Although to be ultra picky, in #1 the brown dog is looking a tad bored and isn't smiling. ;)
The hardest part was to get them to face the camera! My girlfriend had to call them over, and get them to sit in front of her, tell them to stay and then go around behind them while I focussed, started the timer and ran over.
The brown dog isn't even 6 months, so he does get bored easily! We decided the cropped #2 in my second post is the keeper.

Nice set! I thought kids were hard to photograph, until I got my dog. She will not look at the camera. She always looks just past it. Not sure how you got them to both look at the same time! Kudos.
With great difficulty! In the second one they are looking at a snowmobiler WAY down the lake and wouldn't break their stare

It's pretty normal over here! We're not actually sending out cards, we were just calling them that because it is that kind of picture. We will frame a couple copies to give our parents though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back