Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Yall,

I was just wondering... How much do you charge if a client wants to have a Christmas card created? Do you price by card? Obviously, you can't charge as a normal picture or a box of cards would cost them a couple hundred dollars.

I have a client that is interested in having one of their portraits turned into a card, but I didn't want to over or under charge him.

Thanks for any pointers :)

I usually charge up front for the sitting fee, then I'll usually sell them the file so that they can print it themselves.

If they wanted to order the prints/cards from me...I'd start at double my cost for them and maybe adjust the price for volume discount. That's after paying for the sitting fee.

Of course, most of my X-mas cards have been for friends and family and I usually give them a pretty good deal.

I usually charge up front for the sitting fee, then I'll usually sell them the file so that they can print it themselves.

If they wanted to order the prints/cards from me...I'd start at double my cost for them and maybe adjust the price for volume discount. That's after paying for the sitting fee.

Of course, most of my X-mas cards have been for friends and family and I usually give them a pretty good deal.

That sounds pretty good. They are already having me do their portraits and just wanted to add on the cards, so that should work pretty well.

Thanks!

I would say take a look at some of the photo-based Christmas cards websites online, then think about finding a compromise between those and what you usually would charge, since it will be more than a DIY site, but you still want to see what the "competition" is charging. Hope that helps!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back