Christmas Eve Family Portraits

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got hired by a client from out of state to shoot their family portraits. We all had a good time and got some good photos.

You can see the pics here on my blog (Scroll down a bit if you see a new posting above it)! C&C is always appreciated and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Blog - Sean Lara Photography

5287390086_72694ce3d8_b.jpg

Last edited:
A typical wonderful shot; would you please post this in my "Violet sisters" in theme section? it is as if you took this for that section :lol:

Regards :D

A typical wonderful shot; would you please post this in my "Violet sisters" in theme section? it is as if you took this for that section :lol:

Regards :D

Thanks for the compliment! Be sure to check out the rest on my blog if you haven't already done so. :thumbup:

Really nice exposure and I love the colour palette for the shot. I've stopped using my wide angle for people shots to avoid the distortion on the edges. Maybe a different arrangment would allow for a less severe lens. Great looking group though. You can tell that little girl loves the camera.

But it is not Christmas eve yet? Maybe if you are in Australia?

Yeah man.. I think the lighting is perfect. I just dont like your lens selection. If you have to use that wide angle I would have taken it from lower angle a bit. It feels like you were looking down and made your subject to be shorter. Personally I would have used the same lighting setup but walk back with narrower zoom. This still came out good though. Also, the guy on the right has something sticking out of the back of his head that really bothers me.

Last edited:
They have to be happy, they ALL look good, no misses on anyones expressions!

If you click the link I posted you can see the others I took, I think you guys will like those as well. Usually I'll try to always shoot telephoto however for this situation I couldn't get the stream in the background without shooting down a bit.

As far as strobist info goes, I used a Norman 200c with the diffuser dome as my main light and a sb800 on the hot shoe with the bounce card for a little fill. All of my telephoto shots were all ambient.

I like the composition of models, nice and simple. :)
And I think the light is almost like perfect, I like it alot.
Great work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back