Christmas eve is great because...

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally got my first dlsr, a T1i. It took me a minute to get used to the controls but I have been having a blast with this thing and figured I would post a couple first shots with my new baby. I took these photos at 1600 ISO, a setting that was unusable with my old camera due to all the noise, and was pleased with the results. These shots obvioulsy aren't anything special but I figured I would share my excitment with you folks and post some of my first shots here. Hopefully I will get the hang of things soon and I can share more pictures with you folks! Merry Christmas. :thumbup:

1a.jpg

F/1.8
1/60
1600 ISO

2a.jpg

F/1.8
1/60
1600 ISO

Actually, I like those photos. Not great but not bad either.

The first one is kinda funny but it needs a boost of contrast. Which means you'll also have to do some dodging and burning.

And the second one is the better one. You wonder a bit what's going on plus it is a nice composition and your tones are fairly good.

Thanks for the advice :thumbup: Wasn't really looking for C&C as these snapshots were taken within an hour of receiving the camera and I just desaturated them in photoshop before I went to bed. :lol: I am glad you like them though. I will have to post my first christmas shots in the christmas thread tonight. :thumbup:

Congrats on landing your T1i. Im jealous. I cant wait to get a DSLR. Im still using my 35mm Rebel 2000. Im envious because you get to see the product instantly and not have to wait an hour for the film to be loaded onto disc at Walgreens. Merry Christmas and Im looking forward to seeing more from your camera that I want to own so badly!!;)

I thought this was going to be a theme thread... but I'll post a picture anyways :mrgreen:

Christmas Eve is great because....

That 17 pound, $100 chunk of prime rib that you planned to slow roast for 25 people in the barbecue, suddenly bursts into flames and after you cut off all the charred bits, you're left with about 2 pounds of usable meat.

P1040529.jpg

I thought this was going to be a theme thread... but I'll post a picture anyways :mrgreen:

That 17 pound, $100 chunk of prime rib that you planned to slow roast for 25 people in the barbecue, suddenly bursts into flames and after you cut off all the charred bits, you're left with about 2 pounds of usable meat.

P1040529.jpg

That sucks dude.

We ended up buying more meat and cutting it into smaller steaks which worked out better on the grill and the dinner was just fine.

P1040529.jpg

Spontaneous prime rib combustion..... and they say it was only a myth

Congrats on landing your T1i. Im jealous. I cant wait to get a DSLR. Im still using my 35mm Rebel 2000. Im envious because you get to see the product instantly and not have to wait an hour for the film to be loaded onto disc at Walgreens. Merry Christmas and Im looking forward to seeing more from your camera that I want to own so badly!!;)

Thanks! Hopefully you get one at some point. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back