Christmas gear

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so most of us are in the dark or just about in the dark, so let's see photos of the photography gear that you got for Christmas.

I'll start it off. The wife and kids got me an Intous Pro Medium tablet. (They did good.)

Wacom-8-Edit.jpg

I got a dozen rolls of film from....me. I admit I almost bought an upgrade for my DSLR Nikon but the camera which was going for chump change had everything I wanted except an autofocus motor. I have a vintage 80-200 f2.8 Auto Nikkor which I can use with a film camera on auto but won't work with my DSLR on auto. Fabulous lens.

Okay..I didn't get any photography gear. But my brother and sister in law bought me this. I know it isn't a fancy DJI, but it's a step up from my nano drone and this is a heck of a lot more fun to fly around the house than the nano. It has a 720p camera but it was dark to test it out but I seen some footage, it's not bad. My brother hasn't given me a gift in a long time, so I love it!

DSC_7260 - Copy.JPG

Anyways, since my birthday is super close to Christmas, I have about $600 between the two of them to buy what I want! I'm thinking photography gear. Maybe a SB-700?! Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? New lens? I dunno!

I hope every had an awesome holiday.

My mom picked me up a Nikon MB-D15 for my Nikon D7100 and a new Benro B1 Double Action Ballhead for my tripod, loving the new battery grip for my D7100, it's pretty sweet.

I bought myself a Dell XPS 8900 with an i7-6700 processor, 24gb ram and a GTX 960 video card and A Seiki 40" 4K pro monitor does that count? Oh and a 200 F2.8 prime.. :) I was a very good Santa to myself...

My husband surprised me with the tamron 70-300 I have been eyeing! I'm hoping for better weather tomorrow so I can give her a better test drive. I'm sorry, no photos of the lens, you'll just have to imagine what it looks like. :giggle:

Okay, so most of us are in the dark or just about in the dark, so let's see photos of the photography gear that you got for Christmas.

I'll start it off. The wife and kids got me an Intous Pro Medium tablet. (They did good.)

View attachment 113302
Oooh! What a wonderfully thoughtful gift. Sounds like you have a keeper there!

Anyways, since my birthday is super close to Christmas, I have about $600 between the two of them to buy what I want! I'm thinking photography gear. Maybe a SB-700?! Samsung Galaxy Tab S2? New lens? I dunno!

I hope every had an awesome holiday.
Like a kid in a candy store, there isn't a wrong decision there! And let's admit it- you'll be back for the rest later anyway.

My mom picked me up a Nikon MB-D15 for my Nikon D7100 and a new Benro B1 Double Action Ballhead for my tripod, loving the new battery grip for my D7100, it's pretty sweet.
Sounds like you made out this year! Enjoy the gear!
I bought myself a Dell XPS 8900 with an i7-6700 processor, 24gb ram and a GTX 960 video card and A Seiki 40" 4K pro monitor does that count? Oh and a 200 F2.8 prime.. :) I was a very good Santa to myself...
I don't really know what any of that means, but it sounds terribly impressive! Enjoy!

Okay, I went crazy and bought a black Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7", Samsung book cover case, and another 32gb micosd for it! I've always spent my birthday and christmas money on camera gear...and I've always wanted to own a tablet and now I do!

Amazon was selling the tablet for $374! Few weeks ago, I saw it at Staples for $499. I was like what? Anyways, I cashed in my change jar and got a $63 Amazon gift card from it that I put toward the tablet, so it only costed me $311. Amazon didn't have the case I want, but B&H did..so I bought the really expensive $50 Samsung book case for the tablet there. I can't wait till I get it...will be so much fun editing photos in bed using Lightroom Mobile. Hahaha.

Okay, these gifts are likely only exciting for me, but I am pretty stoked about them both...

First, I got three packs of Fuji 3000B. That's the black and white instant emulsion that was discontinued but I love love love it! I got a stash of it just after its demise was announced but before prices were hiked, and ever since then, I've been slowly adding to my stash here and there, so it was nice to get three more packs.

Second, and even more exciting, I also got a waist-level finder for my 645. They're very hard to find, but Buzz found one for me a few months ago and snagged it for my Christmas gift.:586:

(And yes, the camera is already loaded with Tri-X and it's ready to shoot! :D )
20151227_114253_Richtone(HDR).jpg

A couple of days late but I bought myself a used Nikon DSLR, one model "up" from my old one. My old one lacks an autofocus motor in the camera body and the new one has one. I paid $45 for the bod that will arrive in the mail. I'll let you know ho it works out.

mmm got myself a small 150ws strobe to use as a hair light.

The folks in my circle of family and friends rarely have any real idea what to get me, so I mostly get gift cards to spend as I will. Still, my nephew got me a Canon-esque 24-105 coffee mug. It's a little different from the one my daughter got me for Christmas last year. It has a clear lid shaped to look like a lens. :)

I got myself some new lights and modifiers to replace some old ones. After seeing Derrel (whom I honestly trust implicitly on lighting gear, among other things) recommend them to others pretty often, I decided to go with the Adorama Flashpoint gear. Three Flashpoint 320M lights, battery packs for each, three 24x36 softboxes and egg crates to go with them, barn doors, snoots, speedrings, etc.

Most reactions

Back