Christmas Gift recommendation

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have 2 people on my list that I was considering photography related gifts. First is my wife who at one time in her life was interested in photography. We've been together for 13 years and she hasn't done much with it, but was glad to see me pick up the hobby a couple of years ago.

We've got a couple DSLRs and a couple film cameras and from time to time, she'll pick one up and shoot and does a good job with it when she does. I was considering buying her "Understanding Exposure" to help make some sense of all settings that she has forgotten. I was also considering an intro or basic book to understanding Photoshop. I know my way around PS and can do a decent job with it, but make a lousy teacher. Any recommendations for such a critter?

Second, I have a buddy who shoots Canon (XTi). I was thinking of perhaps getting him a 50mm prime lens, but am unsure of the quality. I seem to recall many suggest this lens to others, but want to make sure it's not a piece of junky glass. Would you buy this lens for yourself or a friend?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/12142-USA/Canon_2514A002_Normal_EF_50mm_f_1_8.html

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

I imagine you can't go wrong with the 2 most recommended items on the forum.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back