Christmas Morning..

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wow, 65 and sunny of Christmas. Guess this global warming stuff is the real deal. Made a trip out this morning and found a few critters. Supposedly there are 3 pelicans in a spot I shoot at 1/2 mile from my house so I am going to try to track them down on Saturday Morning.. Very rare in CT! Thanks for looking and comments welcome...

1 Couldn't avoid the twig, but how often do you see 2 Great Horned Owls snuggling up?
Great Horned Owls 12_25 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

2 This guy was just posing for me
White Throated Sparrow 12_25 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Mockingbird 12_25 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

4 Always a pain to get a crow exposed decently...
Crow 12_25 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

5 This was actually Wednesday morning, cute little mink popped out of the leaves...
American Mink 12_23 high ISO by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Nice stuff. 65 on December 25...sure you're on the right coast and not the left one? Crazy!

Nice stuff. 65 on December 25...sure you're on the right coast and not the left one? Crazy!
In the afternoon when I was driving to a family gathering, the temp actually hit 70.. It was very bizarre... It felt like June...

Expertly shot as always! The Owls are calling out to me today though. I'm happy I opened this thread and got to see that frame. :)

Kris, nice pics and you are right - how often do you see two GHOs cuddling together? With your warm weather, maybe they thought it was spring and well you know what happens in Spring. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

I'm in the California desert and it is freezing out here. Same temperature as New York City. Burrr. Love your creature features.

Nice set Kris

Nice! The Owls are great, but I kinda like the Mockingbird.

Expertly shot as always! The Owls are calling out to me today though. I'm happy I opened this thread and got to see that frame. :)
Kris, nice pics and you are right - how often do you see two GHOs cuddling together? With your warm weather, maybe they thought it was spring and well you know what happens in Spring. :biggrin-93:
WesternGuy
The mink is adorable!
I'm in the California desert and it is freezing out here. Same temperature as New York City. Burrr. Love your creature features.
Nice set Kris
Lovely set!
Outstanding, love the mink and the owls
Really lovely. Another vote for the owls and the mink! :)
Nice! The Owls are great, but I kinda like the Mockingbird.
Thank you for all the kind words! @WesternGuy GHO tend to mate very earlier so.. yup, lol. These 2 have been together for longer than I have been photographing them as they mate for life. People in my spot think it has been 7 years plus. @baturn I like the dynamic pose of the Mocker too, he was jumping up and eating bugs, pretty strange for December...

Beautiful set. I like the first one the best. I think the twig actually works; it's well placed with the vantage point you used, and it gives a feeling of the owl peeking out. Wonderful.

Most reactions

Back