Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...as an off-spin of the other music threads...since it's nearly Christmas, I was wondering what your favorite CHRISTMAS song is!!!! (or other religious holiday song!)

I have several, and it's hard to narrow them down...some of them I'm not sure of the real names to, but I'll try.

Silent Night
Mary Did You Know
Where are you Christmas (from the Grinch movie, I think)
Any Christmas song sung by Harry Connick Jr (Baby It's Cold Outside, especially!)
Jingle Bell Rock...and lots of others...especially those I'm good at singing along too! :)

I cannot have Christmas decorating time without (snarly lip) BLUE CHRISTMAS by E.

Aprilraven and I have an opera-class aunt that always does O Holy Night (yesterday at church) that not only rattles your bones when she belts out 'O night devine' but gives you goosebumps that last for hours.

Gotta have Face of Love by Jewell.

Throw in Harry Connick Jr ... not only for the croony, smoothe as whisky sound, but I kinda dig the big band sound, too.

Of course, I'm big on Mannheim Steamroller and The Three Tenors.

And, because I'm a sick pup, I just love the Beach Boys Little St. Nick.

(and, as a sidebar ... I have the Muppets AND Bozo's Christmas on LP from the mid 70's)

oh holy night - by ne1 with a strong voice.

edit: i screwed up the name of the song
rockin' around the christmas tree - the beatles

I really don't like Christmas caroles much but L.O.V.E. Joe Diffie's 'Leroy the Redneck Reindeer'. I swear sometimes I'm a closet redneck cause it just makes me laugh my butt off every time I hear it. :lol: Now if I could just find a copy of it on cd, my Christmas would be complete. :confused:

And, because I'm a sick pup, I just love the Beach Boys Little St. Nick.
There's never anything sick about loving a Beach Boys tune, anicole! :thumbup:

I think I got oversaturated with traditional Christmas carols long ago, but I do like "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear". I like how it runs up and down an octave.

I like hearing Paul McCartney singing his little "Having a Wonderful Christmastime" (if that's even the name of it). :blushing:

And I like that bluesy one that starts "Bells will be ringing...." whatever it is. I'll always give it a listen. :thumbup:

terri said:
And I like that bluesy one that starts "Bells will be ringing...." whatever it is. I'll always give it a listen. :thumbup:

IT'S THE EAGLES!!! Please come home for Christmas

anicole said:
IT'S THE EAGLES!!! Please come home for Christmas
lmao, ewww. Are you saying I like an Eagles composition? ;) Actually I was thinking of someone else's voice singing it. But that's a secret. Anyway - good tune! :thumbup:

A couple of my favorites are:

Little Drummer Boy- Johnny Cash
Father Christmas(I think)- Greg Lake(of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer)

KevinR said:
A couple of my favorites are:

Little Drummer Boy- Johnny Cash
Father Christmas(I think)- Greg Lake(of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer)

i'll need to search this out, Lake has a good voice.

CHRISTMAS MUSIC QUESTION!

A song just came on the radio...it's "Oh Christmas Tree" but in another language...can't tell what language...Instead of saying "Oh Christmas Tree" is says what sounds like "Oh Tananbaum". Anyone know what language?

I want a hippopatimus (sp) for christmas.... I have no idea who sings it!

core_17 said:
CHRISTMAS MUSIC QUESTION!

A song just came on the radio...it's "Oh Christmas Tree" but in another language...can't tell what language...Instead of saying "Oh Christmas Tree" is says what sounds like "Oh Tananbaum". Anyone know what language?

german

Most reactions

Back