christmas pics

Hi Kathi,
#6 is actually my favorite from this set!

Absolutely! It's a real stand-out. I like the overall warmth, the composition, expression.... And, I'm sure glad his ear isn't in sharp focus. I mean, you're not photographing ears here, are ya? It's more about the eyes.

Yeah... with just a bit more work on the eyes, this would be truly over-the-top.

-Pete

Attachments

• $owen2glow2rad.jpg
    $owen2glow2rad.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 75
Heip - well thanks. Even though do love when the parents like certain ones I still do like to hear what others think too. Only being as good as the parents like isn't too hard since it's their child and to them almost every picture is priceless. I have to keep that in mind so I don't get stuck in a standard and get lazy, but I also have to keep in mind what youa re saying because I have a tendency to toss out certain pics and not even show a client because I notice one thing is off even if it might not matter to them. So yes, they may not care about that ear all the time, not in this case anyhow. Good advice I will keep in mind.

Pete - thanks for showing me more with the eyes. I just got photoshop elements and it's really like learning to edit all over again since I was using a very simple program before and I'm always in fear that with all elements offers me, I'll overdo it. I have to stop that because yours is cool and I already gave mom the prints my way - crap! lol

I LOVE that last one. Whoever said it makes him look like an angel I totally agree!

I LOVE #5! How do you get the eyes to pop like that? I'm struggle (badly) with post processing in the eyes and can't get anything to work! LOVE the photo! Super adorable!

nice shots....really love #5 despite the blown out forehead, however.....most clients dont know that it is blown out and that in the photographic world that is a no no...they just see their child and a great shot and that is all that counts....i like the pp on it too, btw....

sweetsomedays - thanks. :)

Stacey - hi. Although I did use the unsharp mask on thsi picture I did it on the whole picture, I didnt do anything extra to the eyes. I learned the hard way that if you want the eyes to be very sharp you have to get them in camera best you can so I always focus right on the eyes and then recompose. :)

emogirl - yes, sometimes it;s cool to throw one or two different ones in there to see what they think. Last time I did it was with a highly contrasted image that I added grain to and though I thought the mom wouldn't be the type to liek it I threw it in anyhow and it turned out to be her favorite! Go figure! :)

Most reactions

Back