Christmas shot with some self c/c

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
020.jpg

To begin..I took 50 plus pictures and this was one I liked...BUT.. As I look at it I now see flaws..The ornament has the seam showing. maybe the composition
is wrong. I really try to improve. if you have some suggestion, I will be greatfull..if not I understand..just need to keep learning..thanks Old Hippy

Hi and welcome to TPF! I think the photo is an interesting idea overall. Maybe try to moving the subject out of the center of the frame to strengthen the composition. I see that you have decided to use the on camera flash. Personally I would try without and shoot on a tripod if you have one. Using the Christmas lights to light the subject.

Anyway I had a quick edit in cs6. I hope you don't mind.

I adjusted curves, levels, and vibrance. Then I Cropped some off. Did a small amount of burning on the leaves to the left of the ornament. Cloned out the reflection of the flash and one of the Christmas lights I found distracting. Then finished off with some local contrast enhancement via unsharp mask.

On a second look I think I should have left the ornament a bit brighter but you get the idea.

Again welcome to the forum.

Attachments

• $020.jpg
    $020.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 146
_DSC0029.jpg

I really appreciate the edit..you folks are great..here's one with no flash from last night..BTW..I tried using that 35-2.8..on a cheap tipod..and got totally frustrated..but just got a nikon 70-300 vr2 for christmas..have to wait a while to fund the next thing..thanks again Old Hippy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back