Christopher Creek...C&C

PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wagon and wheels off on the side of the road-- entrance to a little community in Northern Arizona...Christopher Creek.

Adjusted the saturation, and contrast slightly to bring out the rust/metal a little more.. hopefully not too much. I have the originals.. I just thought they were too dull before PP.

Let me know what you think? :) Thanks in advance.

1.)
DSC_1070.jpg

( I dont like that the sign is cut off...but eh,)

2.)
DSC_1068.jpg

3.)
DSC_1073.jpg

4.)
DSC_1077.jpg

5.)
DSC_1076-1.jpg

Sorry so many pics..

I like number 2. Although I think it would look pretty good as an HDR. Other than that they dont do much for me.

4 is a nice wheel picture. It bugs me that the other wheels are cut off... maybe either a tighter crop or have the whole wheel there? Hmm...

I would also like 1 if the sign wasnt chopped off.

Seems like a pretty little place. :)

Im going to go back out and re-shoot them all i think...see what other things i can come up with. i figured a wheel dead center would have been lame...
so i played around with off centering it while taking the shot. I guess I can try to achieve the same thing *while* getting the whole thing in there huh? lol

do they really suck that bad? :lmao: Not going to hurt my feelings any LOL

Im going to go back out and re-shoot them all i think...see what other things i can come up with. i figured a wheel dead center would have been lame...
so i played around with off centering it while taking the shot. I guess I can try to achieve the same thing *while* getting the whole thing in there huh? lol

do they really suck that bad? :lmao: Not going to hurt my feelings any LOL

You are a good sport. They do not suck...they just do not create a super feeling.
I think you going back out and trying again is a good idea. There is always something to see, sometimes seeing it is just not that easy.

i figured a wheel dead center would have been lame...
I rather like the cropped wheel. My eye can complete the rest of the wheel without actually seeing it.

Although I'm not drawn to the wagon pics much, I prefer #1 over #2. Again, I don't mind the cropped signage (probably just an odd preference of mine, cause I think many people like to see things in their entirety). #1 is also too saturated for my liking.

It's not easy to see, but the stick construction holding up the sign looks kinda cool. Definitely deserves some attention.

Well, there are no interior shots; maybe there was some interesting symmetry on the wagon floor, or maybe you could have created a "found still-life" with what I assume would be fallen leaves, twigs, etc.

This seems like a tough subject to shoot well because there is all kinds of sticks and grass interfering with the picture. I don't think the long shots work, and the wheel shots are a dime a dozen, so perhaps what you could have done is moved in close and created photographs that were purely compositional -- emphasizing line, texture, shape, etc.

I like 2 and 3 the best. I think 2 would look better with a little more PP though.

Maybe some dodging and burning, color adjustments, contrast etc.. I will mess with it later on when I have some time. I am not sure exactly what it could use but I am sure a few tweaks could add a little more to it. The angle probably isn't the best and could have been shot not quite as tightly ( is this the original or did you crop down? )

The 3rd one I really like even though technically it has that sort of warm color cast, I think that really works well with the subject. ( might be something nice to try to re-create on pic #2 )

Most reactions

Back