Chromes

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I had this roll of Kodak Elite Chrome that's been cluttering up my fridge for a long time (like a few years), and the weather cleared up today, so I went outside and squeezed off a roll. Dropped it off at the local photo hut and I look forward to see how they turn off. I've never shot E6 before. I'm supa excited! :mrgreen:

Beware that you may have shot your last roll of C41... If you are happy with the results, I highly recommend the E100 series of films if you can find them at a decent price (B&H for example).

Dave

i once bought a role of slide film (sigh)

it was the most expensive mistake i ever made.....
for now i can only shoot with slide film.....

So I picked them up today and they look great!:thumbup: I'll post them in the gallery later on tonite for crit.

Check out the post "Is it me?" over in the general gallery. I'm not pleased with the scans, so maybe you all can give me a some tips for how to improve them.

Neal,

I find most scans come out soft and need some unsharp mask, do you have photoshop? I would scan them with no sharpening from the scanner, and then open them in photoshop and use the unsharp mask. If you are unfamiliar with it, start with values of 150% with 1.0 pixel diameter and a threshold of 1. For some time I have used pro labs to get my scanning done, it's sort of expensive so I only did it when I needed it. But a few days ago I finally got a film scanner (Minolta Dual Scan II), and I'm actually getting better results with that than what I would get paying $8/frame. But they still come out looking a little soft, with a little unsharp mask it seems to correct it and they look quite crisp. Here's what I get with your picture, although I find it works better working with larger files:

scan0004mf7.png

Dave

Most reactions

Back