Chub... A Model Portfolio

dpolston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey... This is a young man that I photographed today. He's looking to rebuild his portfolio.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• $MM 609864 Chub 0017 WEB.jpg
    $MM 609864 Chub 0017 WEB.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 227
  • $MM 609864 Chub 0031 WEB.jpg
    $MM 609864 Chub 0031 WEB.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 239
  • $MM 609864 Chub 0139 b&w WEB.jpg
    $MM 609864 Chub 0139 b&w WEB.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 226
  • $MM 609864 Chub 0059 WEB.jpg
    $MM 609864 Chub 0059 WEB.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 217
#1 - Clone out the person to the right...my eye is drawn to them.

#2 - Looks a little too dressed up to be acting thug.

#3 - Nice

#4 - Where do I begin...touching himself, cars, poor use of sun and it might just be the upload to the web but the noise is very high in his shirt.

What was this for? I don't really understand the photos...none of them tell me anything.

What was this for? I don't really understand the photos...none of them tell me anything.

I don't think all photos need a deep story behind them. This young man is trying to fluff up his portfolio (he's trying to get into modeling). There is no theme. There are no stories. We just decided to give him 3 separate looks to show people who are possibly interested in him some diversity in his look.

I'm sorry that you didn't like them but I appreciate your opinions.

i had to giggle because he looks like he is trying to cover up like his zipper is down or something

I actually didn't notice his hands until after the shot... but I had to laugh too. I was going for the sun peeking over the shoulder thing (this is the first time I've tried one of these kinds of shots). It might have been getting a little too dark for this.

Oh... and the "thug thing", you're right. He had to be talked into smiling! You should see his Model Mayhem site... no smiles at all!

I think the flash is a bit too harsh.

On which? These were pretty much filler flash. The first one was just a white reflector on the shadow side of the shot. The flash was the Sun.

Hi there, nice images you have here. I do agree about the last one withe the hands over the crotch thing - lol. But I bet a different crop excluding the crotch and you'll be in business! I like the sun over the shoulder thing. Neat!
The first one I like a lot but I always find like 9 out of 10 times a reflector works better than fill in flash. I know its not easy though when you are on your own for a session.
the other two do seem and read a bit underexposed so I thought I'd play a little. The job I am editing for at the moment I need a break from looking at!
MM2060986420Chub20005920WEB.jpg
tpf-6.jpg

that one in particular I think personally could use a bit more DOF. exif reads an f4.0 but i see the lens goes to 2.8 i really think if you used that 2.8 that path behind him would not be so interesting to look at. ;)
Of course I know you know this and you probably have your reasons why to use higher numbers but on the other one, same. Use that 2.8 on his eyes and they'll pop in focus instead of the f7 and you'll have a smokin image. :)

Kathi... I know this is a very stupid question but how did you know how I shot those. What do you do to read the "stats" from the image (i.e. knowing I shot a 2.8 lens at f4)?

(I need to know this little pearl of info)

David

That information is stored in the EXIF information. If you right click on the image (not here in the website, but on the actual image, or if I save your image to my desktop) right click it and go to properties, summary and then advanced, it will show all of the settings. You can also get this information in Photoshop.

I have photoshop elements 6. In there if you go to info, then camera data, then camera 1 I think it says - it tells you there. I'm sorry I hope I didnt intrude, I thought everyone knew that I don't know why because I myself just learned it not the long ago. I knew people could do it but I didnt know how until just recently.

I'm sorry I hope I didnt intrude...

Oh... No trouble at all! I knew I could get all of this information from photoshop and Nikon Capture Software. I just didn't think it transfered over in a post. No intrusion at all.

Thanks Kathi and Johnboy! No worries whatsoever! =o)

Most reactions

Back