Church doors at night.

BadRotation

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just took this one a few minutes ago. Its definitely not the best, but I like some of the detail in the stonework.

I couldnt really get the whole church in there, since it is surrounded by modern buildings, and streetlamps.

There were two very bright floodlights shining above the doors, so I couldnt really avoid the overexposure there.

What do you guys think I could do better?

church1ssaff2fd.jpg

not sure if there is anything you can actually do about it, but the top & the sides are completely underexposed (or at least they look that way on my monitor) whilst the stone behind the 2 smaller crosses over the outermost doors seem overexposed.

maybe having taken the metering off the roof (instead of center of pic) would bring everything else in line? or maybe not :p

the image doesn't fit on my screen in full either (my fault, not yours), but when scrolling around, the bright light on the bottom takes focus away from the doors (since it's the only other thing that seems to be lit) perhaps cropping out the steps (which seem slightly crooked) would take care of that?

Good looking out! Great location. Having the source light concealed is a major plus. Again; may be meter for the stone on the sides of the frame. Maybe a neutral density filter? The possibilities are limitless. I would spend a lot of time at this location if possible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back