Church in HDR

ravimittalid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
6594458361_bdd0bcc878_b.jpg

C & C are whole heartedly welcome...Thanx in advance......

I would suggest that you post this in the HDR forum - you will probably get more comments. Having made that suggestion, my first impressions are that it is a little over done or "overcooked" as some would say - I don't mind it though. You do have some halos around the building at the top and it apppears that here are some chromatic aberrations around the tree branches in the upper right side of the image and on the extreme left. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

P.S. It might help if you tell us how you did the conversion.

WesternGuy said:
I would suggest that you post this in the HDR forum - you will probably get more comments. Having made that suggestion, my first impressions are that it is a little over done or "overcooked" as some would say - I don't mind it though. You do have some halos around the building at the top and it apppears that here are some chromatic aberrations around the tree branches in the upper right side of the image and on the extreme left. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

P.S. It might help if you tell us how you did the conversion.

I don't know how you couldn't mind it, I think you're just trying to be nice? :p

Yes, the processing was pushed too far and instead of adding positively to the image, it detracts from it.

I don't know how you couldn't mind it, I think you're just trying to be nice? :p

Yes, the processing was pushed too far and instead of adding positively to the image, it detracts from it.

Well, the reason that I don't mind it that much is that I have seen some "examples" of "overcooking" that really push the processing too much - way too much. While you have overprocessed it "too far", I don't think that it begins to get to the realm of what a lot of folks have termed a "cartoon" look. The viewer can see the detail in the brick work on the front of the building and some detail in the steps, and this is one reason that "I don't mind though". Have a look at some of Trey Ratcliff's work on his main website - Stuck In Customs HDR Photography and compare your image to some of his and you can see that by comparison, it is not that "overprocessed". Another 0.02¢ worth.

I would encourage you to post on the HDR forum and you will definitely get some more feed back than you are getting here (maybe not - who knows).

Cheers,

WesternGuy

The building looks unreal, the halos are ugly, the trees are uglier and the sky is blueish grey with much noise. All in all, nice subject, poorly executed tone mapping. How many exposures did you take?

That said, there are things you can do to fix this :) Put the Smoothing option to high or max, mid can work as well. Make sure the cartoony look disappears. Highlight smoothing can really make a difference with the halos. Micro smoothing can help with noise, but may remove building detail.

Was this an overcast day or a cloud free one? It's actually hard to decide from the photo. Keep on it :D

This is the first time I have tried converting to HDR and got such depressing comments....I used the technique given in Scott Kelby's Book - Photoshop CS 5 for photographers......
I am very thankful to all the people for their critiques.....

Can someone plz tell me some gud method....
I am even ready to sent all the 5 exposures of the pic to anyone willing to edit this one for me....Thanx a lot in advance...:)

This is the first time I have tried converting to HDR and got such depressing comments....I used the technique given in Scott Kelby's Book - Photoshop CS 5 for photographers......

I am even ready to sent all the 5 exposures of the pic to anyone willing to edit this one for me....Thanx a lot in advance...:)

send me the exposures if you like and I will process them and see if you like. I then can explain how I did it.

[email protected]

Upload the exposures on the interwebz and make a new thread with the link. Make a shootout of it, and you can see how different people would process them :)

send me the exposures if you like and I will process them and see if you like. I then can explain how I did it.

[email protected]

What format do u want ? RAW or JPG

Most reactions

Back