Church in the country

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a church I stumbled upon.

C&C welcome, which works best? Be harsh with them, tear them appart.
2259594382_894121e4fe_b.jpg

2258786977_caf0f2873d_b.jpg

2258779257_cc2b1550c5_b.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Sorry, this is not working for me. The church just doesn't stand out enough to make these pictures. If it were sharper or brighter, more isolated (there are some distracting structures around there)....maybe...

pascal

I agree with Puscas on that, it looks like just a landscape photo. If the title didn't say "Church in the country" I'd of never known what it was.

I felt like it should be b&w-ish... so i played with it.

church.jpg

The edit is cheesy, but it was made from the best of the bunch, the third photo.

In the third, the line which looks like a path (but must be something way bigger than a path) points towards the church, so that gives the eyes some directions, and I like the aspect.

horizon's tilted in all of them.

All three of the shots feel tilted to me...but then again, depending on what lens you used, that could be distortion.

Thanks for the input, I need to keep that in mind.

Sorry, this is not working for me. The church just doesn't stand out enough to make these pictures. If it were sharper or brighter, more isolated (there are some distracting structures around there)....maybe...
pascal

Understood. Thanks for the feedback.

I agree with Puscas on that, it looks like just a landscape photo. If the title didn't say "Church in the country" I'd of never known what it was.

Thanks. I wondered if incorporating more elements would detract from it.

I felt like it should be b&w-ish... so i played with it.

church.jpg

Sorry, I can't see the image (issue on my end, have to look in another PC)
Thanks for your interest.

In the third, the line which looks like a path (but must be something way bigger than a path) points towards the church, so that gives the eyes some directions, and I like the aspect.

Thanks, Corinna.That was my intention, but it looked too simple... maybeI should've kept it simple.

horizon's tilted in all of them.

Thanks for the feedback. Is it ok to blame it on the beer and tequila?

The church look freaking cool... But you can hardly see it. Closer... you need to get closer. I would have driven to it and done an entire photo shoot out of it. Old Churches (more than 100 years) are just incredible and I'm not an overly religious kind of guy. That one looks like it is very similar in architecture to the Mission del Bac in Tucson AZ. Which BTW, is a stunning building.

The church look freaking cool... But you can hardly see it. Closer... you need to get closer. I would have driven to it and done an entire photo shoot out of it.quote]

Thanks. Thing is, I was watching a rally and the roads were closed. When they were open again we were too tired and drink to go anywhere but home... :D

Most reactions

Back