Church Interior | Criticism Needed

AngelosPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$001 (2).jpg

I have been studying more about Black and White photography such as patterns, shapes, textures, lines, etc. So, I decided to take one of my images and convert it into Black and White. I edited the highlights, mid-tones, and shadows a bit.All the more, I need to know about what you guys think. And do you think it's 'right' that I used a fisheye lens for this shot? All C&C are welcomed :)

Not really working for me. The pews are very dark, with almost no detail, and there isn't much on the floor either. These two elements are almost half of the image, and quite a bit of the rest is the ceiling, which also doesn't have much to look at. I also don't like the "looking-down-a-barrel" effect, but that's really a matter of taste.

While I like the way the lights play against the pews as opposing patterns, the photo is really not all that captivating.
The interior is really fairly drab as churches go - not your fault.

Above all, I think the photo is more of a study in lens distortion, perspective.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. And I guess you could say this photo tends to be a study of lens distortion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back