Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
from a recent shoot.

-Pete

Untitled_HDR2.jpg

Untitled_HDR9.jpg

Christie
The first image is well done. The lines are good and so is the lighting/color. Of course not knowing the actual color, I am saying the color looks good.

The second shot has a pinkish glow. Were you trying for that?

Christie
The first image is well done. The lines are good and so is the lighting/color. Of course not knowing the actual color, I am saying the color looks good.

The second shot has a pinkish glow. Were you trying for that?

Hi, Pierre.

No... I wasn't trying for the pink ceiling. As you can see, I had daylight, incandescent, and whatever was in those can lights, so just tried to average everything out. I considered bringing down the saturation in the ceiling a bit... make it closer to neutral in hopes of fooling the eye into believing the overall colors are believable. I'll spend a bit more time on it.

Thanks for taking time to comment!

-Pete

Nicely done, I agree about the second image.. i can also see alot of cyan there tho (you can see its a little strong out the windows and is effecting the highlights on the floor) probably due to the wall colour?
Good job tho :thumbup:

Nicely done, I agree about the second image.. i can also see alot of cyan there tho (you can see its a little strong out the windows and is effecting the highlights on the floor) probably due to the wall colour?

Yeah... it's not good. I don't think it's the wall color... just sources of light with differing color temperatures.

Thanks, Arch! I spend some more time with it.

-Pete

Color issues aside, I really like these shots (well, really like may be a bit strong, they aren't exciting but they are done very well).
In the 2nd, for example, I like how you included just a bit of the green/teal wall. It shows that the further area is separated but allows you to show both the details of the wall and the room in the background. A bit of wide angle distortion going on, but nothing to worry about.

Nice shots and well lit. You can fix the color issue in the second shot in Photoshop in less than a minute, so that's not a problem.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Color issues aside, I really like these shots (well, really like may be a bit strong, they aren't exciting but they are done very well).
In the 2nd, for example, I like how you included just a bit of the green/teal wall. It shows that the further area is separated but allows you to show both the details of the wall and the room in the background. A bit of wide angle distortion going on, but nothing to worry about.

Why, thank you Mikey!

I'm told the panels fastened to the green/teal wall (actually, it's a pillar) are pricey, so I made sure to get them in.

Thanks again.

-Pete

I love the first photo a lot.....
the second is just nice, but the 1st is GREAT!!!!!

also, can I have a Q - why are these photos commercial?

...also, can I have a Q - why are these photos commercial?

Hi, Susan.

They're commercial because they're used in commerce... to sell or promote a product or service.

So commercial photography includes: products, industrial, architecture, fashion, and so on. There are some specialty subcategories like furniture, automotive and food photography.

Thanks for your kind words!

-Pete

I was curious, because mormon churches are generally really fancy. they make castles at times. lol.

ubt your pics make me feel cozy..

here is one by my house
washington_lds_mormon_temple2.jpg

Most reactions

Back