Cinderella C&C please!

Laika

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not too much blur is coming through...a little bit of blurring shows, but the woman is fairly small on-film, and therefore the impavt of the blurring isn't too great. It looks like the stair she is on is about one-half as large as the foreground stair is, due to the short focal length of the lens used. Also, her white,satiny dress train doesn't show much detail in monochrome, since it is itself, rather mono-toned...Those two things, her smallish size, and the single-toned dress fabric, combine to make it difficult to actually "see" the blurring that the image has.

I like the idea of this shot. Perhaps a longer shutter speed could be used to get more blurring on her....maybe something in the 2-6 second range?

Thanks for your critique!

I think I am going to have to learn to like blur more to be able to do this project! I did try it at some lower shutterspeeds, but I found the increased blur too distracting.

Thanks for your critique!

I think I am going to have to learn to like blur more to be able to do this project! I did try it at some lower shutterspeeds, but I found the increased blur too distracting.

Yes, blurring is tricky....too much and it's,well, too blurry...not enough, and it just looks like you're incompetent at camera handling...it's a balancing act. I went to your Flickr pages yesterday and looked at all four pages you had...some pretty cool stuff there...looks as if you're actually studying photography as art, and are making good progress at expressing yourself...perhaps some hand-held flash pops at the end of some blurred longer exposures would be more to your liking....good portfolio you're developing!

I went to your Flickr pages yesterday and looked at all four pages you had...some pretty cool stuff there...looks as if you're actually studying photography as art, and are making good progress at expressing yourself...perhaps some hand-held flash pops at the end of some blurred longer exposures would be more to your liking....good portfolio you're developing!

Thank you! I am happy to hear you took the time to look through it!

That is why I am currently taking a film class. With the generation I grew up in it is just too easy to cheat on photography with photoshop. I want to take the picture the right way the first time, and really understand how to get the results I want without much help from the computer.

I will look up about how to work with a flash!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back