Circus - Low light action shots.

Hobbes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to a circus a few days ago with only one thing on my mind, to take some low light action photos lol. As expected I couldn't really freeze the action and got quite a lot of motion blur because of the slow lens I used but I was a lil bit surprised by how well my camera handled those high ISO shots. All pictures below were taken with 17-85 f/4-5.6 IS USM lens on a EOS 40D body and I used ISO 1600 and 3200 only for those shots.

IMG_2855c.jpg

IMG_2858c.jpg

IMG_2863c.jpg

IMG_2869c.jpg

IMG_2876c.jpg

IMG_2881c.jpg

IMG_2885c.jpg

8. Cute horsies with crummy looking wings lol
IMG_2899c.jpg

IMG_2908c.jpg

IMG_2946c.jpg

IMG_2962c.jpg

IMG_2968c.jpg

IMG_2986c.jpg

IMG_2991c.jpg

IMG_2993c.jpg

uh any advice on how I could have done better while taking low light action shots or any kind of criticism? :p

I think the shots look pretty good, all things considered. Some are a bit soft, most likely because of AF inaccuracies in low light with an f/5.6 lens. Some are underexposed. I don't see much noise in any of them, which is great. The elephant shots are fairly sharp. Number 6 is a cool shot.

That said, there's really no substitute for fast lenses and clean high ISO for low-light action shots.

I think the shots look pretty good, all things considered. Some are a bit soft, most likely because of AF inaccuracies in low light with an f/5.6 lens. Some are underexposed. I don't see much noise in any of them, which is great. The elephant shots are fairly sharp. Number 6 is a cool shot.

That said, there's really no substitute for fast lenses and clean high ISO for low-light action shots.

Thanks for the comment. I used AI servo for some of the shots but I guess it didn't help while using a slow lens :( I wonder why the elephant shots are sharper than some of the other. Is it because their large size so it was easier for my camera to focus on? lol

i like shot 10 a lot

Most reactions

Back