IMG_0197.jpg

photo taken in Spain/Benidorm
handheld
f4.5
1/8 sec
RAW
ISO 800
with kit lens @ 30 mm.

My question is: what do you think about the composition.. Does this photo look too busy because of the palm leaves on the left? Or maybe because of the light on far right? Dunno why but it seems busy for me. what do you think?

OTE

A little bit. Looks to lean right slightly. Maybe crop out what you can left, right and a little bit off the top. I like the way the palm trees take me up to the lights in the building. Very nice for hand held at such a long exposure.

My though, Ms. Freshmaker, would be to crop out the brightness and straighten it. And I don't know a lot about photoshop but if their's a way to edit out those front palm trees. :) I do like it though!

It seems that the picture is out of balance. It's got very bright round signs in front and to the right, and a tall, somewhat darker and more subtle building on the left. Maybe if the two palm leaves on the far left coming out of the side of the image would be removed you could end up with some clear sky - a place the eye can escape to. Even then I believe the shot is too cluttered and to imbalanced in terms of composition and lighting. Finally, there is some keystoning that is particularly visible under when it is so tightly cropped.

I think the above suggestions are great and quite valid. The first thing that stuck out to me was your seeming contradiction in white balance. the right and top of the image seems to have a good white balance and almost looks like a custom WB. my eyes then moved to the botom and left and the lights were quite warm. It kinda threw me for a loop thinking that this was either not corrected by your white balance change or that the sky was that blue without changing the white balance. good shot nontheless.

For me I think what's distracting is the bright light to the right of the palm tree. It seems like it pulls my attention there and it shouldn't. Might be worth taking a look at with that light cropped out.

The pic looks awesome though... I think it just needs a bit of cropping.

Most reactions

Back