"CITY LIFE" frozen in time.

Two sightseers.

The husband upclose looks remarkably like Geors Herbert Walker Bush.

LWW

Sightseers001.jpg

And this fellow who fell asleep reading a book in front of Cooper Place near the library.

LWW

Sleeper001.jpg

those are creepy. but interesting.

All photos taken with a Nikon D50 on aperture priority at f8 with 18-55 kit lens and built in matrix fill flash.

Nothing special as they are largely snapshots, but some very cool statuary.

I hope they have been enjoyed. They have done wonders for the downtown's appearance.

LWW

Interesting series. Thanks for posting.

The statues themselves seem very weird and creepy.

Some seem very life-like, others seem very stiff and robotically posed.

I would have liked to see a close-up of the one who looks like George H. W. Bush.

i was born in dayton ohio!

but on a related note i bet those statues get vandalized with a quickness. seems like a waste of money that could of gone towards education or something more useful.

i was born in dayton ohio!

but on a related note i bet those statues get vandalized with a quickness. seems like a waste of money that could of gone towards education or something more useful.
I don't want to bring politics into it, but Dayton is at the tops in Ohio in dollars spent per student and at the bottom in test score results so that would be money down a hole.

These, hopefully, will draw a little business downtown and it does make it look a little more busy driving through even when it isn't.

Each one has a plaque which states the statue's corporate sponsor and as far as I know, other than donating street space and being moved by city workers I don't think any tax money was involved anyway.

LWW

Interesting series. Thanks for posting.

The statues themselves seem very weird and creepy.

Some seem very life-like, others seem very stiff and robotically posed.

I would have liked to see a close-up of the one who looks like George H. W. Bush.

GHWB001.jpg

Glad you liked them.

LWW

Most reactions

Back