City Life

DSCF0003.JPG

Double whoa!!! Talk about instant message. Can you tell I type at the speed of a three year old?. Anyway; domestic violence added to the title makes more sense to me. Heavy subject. May be hard to capture photographically. BUT, the subject is extremely important. Of course a series would tell it best. If you are tossing around ideas; toss them at the forum. Personally I would love to help if I can. We had a powerful TV commercial a while back tackling the subject. A small child was listening to his father while he was sitting on the stairs. "What? pizza for dinner again (slap) if I wanted pizza I could have stayed at the office (slap)...

Oooh, and the car... kids can be evil. I was thinking that it was hoods up to no good. Ahh... to be young again. That is not even funny. When I lived in Brooklyn kids would set bums on fire. No joke.

Those are tight. I agree with thebeginning and don't change the crop. Also dont resize the images on your camera. Resize them on yoour computer and save as copies. Shoot them at the largest size you can just dont post them at the original size. The first one withe car is perfect. The bloody lips are real nice too, but the blood on the floor.. maybe if you cropped in on just the blood and lost the legs? I dont know crops are just opinions so do what you want. Keep shooting and watch out. It looks like its crazy where you are.

chroix said:
Those are tight. I agree with thebeginning and don't change the crop. Also dont resize the images on your camera. Resize them on yoour computer and save as copies. Shoot them at the largest size you can just dont post them at the original size. The first one withe car is perfect. The bloody lips are real nice too, but the blood on the floor.. maybe if you cropped in on just the blood and lost the legs? I dont know crops are just opinions so do what you want. Keep shooting and watch out. It looks like its crazy where you are.

Thanks. Ill work on it. And really like the idea about a series. Thats sounds like an idea.

Yes that series idea... I think that is a concept that would work.
Face.jpg

I think the two portait shots are excellent. The composition really bring out the power, instead of feeling like a crime scene photo as it would if you zoomed out. I also like the car shot and agree to the no crop, the surrounding darkness makes it more ominous.

Nice work, I look forward to seeing more from you. :)

Wow, mpdc, you really get to see the roughest of things! Where I live must be "The Island of Happiness" - when have I last seen blood, I wonder, i.e. THAT kind of... from violence? Have I ever?
How come you get to take SUCH photos?
And where is this city?

LaFoto said:
Wow, mpdc, you really get to see the roughest of things! Where I live must be "The Island of Happiness" - when have I last seen blood, I wonder, i.e. THAT kind of... from violence? Have I ever?
How come you get to take SUCH photos?
And where is this city?

Washington DC, Im a patrol cop. First one on many a scene, and although I enjoy the photos, the jury tends to like them alot more when they decide the punishment. I have a recent one of a stabbing that sent the bad guy to jail for ever. A little much for this forum however. ANyways Thanks for the kind words. and If there is interest Ill keep up the shots.

The car shot is perfect with so much negative space. It creates a strong balance for such a powerful force as fire.

As far as the others are concerned I think they'd be better in their own threads. They seem closer related to each other rather than to the car.. just mho.

ha, before i read the second to the last post i was gonna ask you if this was dc :lmao:

Whoa. You take pictures of the crimes for the police? That's a crazy job. Is that your primary responsibility or is it secondary to patrol duty? That's pretty heavy. You should compile all of those pics and make a book. Man, what an awesome perspective. You're right there. Be careful and keep doing it. I've got a good friend in DC that would love to check out your pics. Do you have a site or anything like that so I can get him to check out your stuff?

chroix said:
Whoa. You take pictures of the crimes for the police? That's a crazy job. Is that your primary responsibility or is it secondary to patrol duty? That's pretty heavy. You should compile all of those pics and make a book. Man, what an awesome perspective. You're right there. Be careful and keep doing it. I've got a good friend in DC that would love to check out your pics. Do you have a site or anything like that so I can get him to check out your stuff?
Sure
http://www.betterphoto.com/sites4photogs/dynoMG.asp?memberID=67541
Mostly normal stuff.
However if its a crime scene he or she wishes to see. We allow ride alongs with DC. Just have him or her come by a station.

And for your question. its secondary. When I answer a radio run for a violent act it helps the case to get photos BEFORE the people have been cleaned up by the medics. More powerfull durring trial.
recently we had a case where dudes girl friend bite off his lip. It was so nasty. Sadly I didnt have my camera.

That's so interesting. I sent my friend a link to this thread to check out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back