Brian L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brianlinephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,

This is the city of howell at night near me in Michigan. I wanted to express downtown feeling. I feel I did it with this picture. I would like some input on the photos. One is B&W and color. I'm not sure which one I like the best. I like them both. Give me your guys and gals opinions on them.

IMGP3412.jpg

downtownhowell.jpg

Thanks.

I like the way you composed - different, yet appealing. As for the B&W or the color..... I like them both. The only thing I wish, is that the background had been more in focucs, but I still think they are nice shots.

Did you add "Howel" into the photo? It looks flat.

Thanks for the replies. I did not add the howell in the photo. I did sync the flash to make it pop out white because it was very light color and did not like they way the orange street lights were making a orange. I like the effect like that way. It makes it stand out. I think I will submit this to a art gallery downtown howell or something.

Thanks again for the replies.

My personal opinion is that the sign is rather dominating, and it's not the most interesting focal point aside from the "Howell" on it... which in and of itself is interesting in a Gilliganish sort of way, but not riveting.

Maybe take it from a bit further back and make it less of the shot? Not sure. Overall I think a different foreground element might have helped.

Just my opinions.

Most reactions

Back