City of Graffiti

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
NEW: IMPROVED VERSION ON POST #25

On my way home from the Los Angeles zoo, I convinced my dad to let me get a shot of the city. I think I'm happy with how it came out.

Thanks for commenting. (you know you wanna)

LAppweb.png

Looks good! Did you sharpen this up in Photoshop? What other edits were made (just curious...)? The sky looks really lively in this one.

Thanks guys! fatsheep, this is an HDR of 3 pics. Then I tweaked it a lot in photoshop until I had this.

Beautiful! Whenever I drive up that way I see sights I want to take...and always miss them.

Congrats on getting such a wonderful one?

Pretty spectacular. I was getting tired of conventional landscapes, this one has some jazz to it.

horizon's tilted

:/

Awesome. How did you maintain the cars in the same general position through 3 shots?

It would take me several seconds to get off 3 shots, even with auto bracketing. At 60mph, the cars would be half-way across the photo, creating long, blurry, wormlike automobiles.

horizon's tilted
Ha I was waiting for someone to say that, I realized it too. I didn't think it was necessary to fix the horizon, I guess it's just personal preference.

Thank you LostFiniel & rob! I really appreciate it.

It's very much a criticism, it's obviously unintentional and ruins the composition. Other than that, it's fine!

It's very much a criticism, it's obviously unintentional and ruins the composition. Other than that, it's fine!

How is it "obviously unintentional", and more to the point how could such a thing be considered ruinous? Are you implying a mistake can't be great? Oh, what's that old adage, something like: "some of the best things happened by accident" ? And yeah, it applies (especially) to art.

After clearing that, maybe you could go into more detail on why you think a titled horizon ruins a shot.

Awesome. How did you maintain the cars in the same general position through 3 shots?
I honestly don't know, on the exposures the cars are scattered, but after the tonemapping it came out like this.
I love this shot. The clouds look AMAZING!
Thank you ShootHoops! It was raining most of that day and the rain finally stopped, so I knew the clouds would be good for picture taking. ;)

How is it "obviously unintentional", and more to the point how could such a thing be considered ruinous? Are you implying a mistake can't be great? Oh, what's that old adage, something like: "some of the best things happened by accident" ? And yeah, it applies (especially) to art.

After clearing that, maybe you could go into more detail on why you think a titled horizon ruins a shot.

It's obviously unintentional because it's not at a steep enough angle to otherwise immediately recognize that the tilt benefits the composition. It does nothing here except detract from it. I'm not saying mistakes can't be great, i'm saying that with this photograph in particular, the mistake is the opposite of great.

Sure, "some of the best things happened by accident", but this tilt is most certainly not one of those great things.

unless a tilt leads the viewers eye into the subject, it does nothing to add to it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back