City Park Sunset

cbarnard7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All-

Went out with the family last night and saw some nice colors as the sun dipped behind the mountains. Took the opportunity to photograph a couple enjoying the peacefulness of the park.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Chris

21409039721_675bc3706f_b.jpg

Edited for correct photo

Last edited:
The light makes no sense in this photo

using tapatalk.

It's a cool concept but I find the sky kind of weird. I prefer some clouds in my sunsets with varying colors and more contrast. But hey, if that's what it really looked like, good capture.

I think this is very close to perfect.....outstanding image.

Dave
Thank you Dave. Very nice of you to say!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

It's a cool concept but I find the sky kind of weird. I prefer some clouds in my sunsets with varying colors and more contrast. But hey, if that's what it really looked like, good capture.
Hi Spiral- here's a cell phone pic I took (unedited, just cropped for comparison) about 15 mins after my original photo (the sun was softer but you can see how the light was)

eda705af49296bca92d15265c804d102.jpg

Nice shot. Is this HDR or did you 'increase' the shadows in post?

Nice shot. Is this HDR or did you 'increase' the shadows in post?
Thanks!- I increased the shadows in LR a little bit and blended two exposures together with layer masks. The shadows are increased a tad bit more than what you'd see, but my wife wants me to make it into a jigsaw puzzle so I wanted more detail hah

using tapatalk.

How so?

there's no shadows in the entire image (except for the base of the tree that was unevenly dodged) and the light source is behind everyone.

the sky is glowing, the mountains are glowing, the buildings are glowing, the couple in the foreground is glowing.

everything looks flat because you removed all depth.

using tapatalk.

How so?

there's no shadows in the entire image (except for the base of the tree that was unevenly dodged) and the light source is behind everyone.

the sky is glowing, the mountains are glowing, the buildings are glowing, the couple in the foreground is glowing.

everything looks flat because you removed all depth.
I agree to a point- the light was very soft because the sun was well below the summit. Very light shadows were cast- if any. I increased the clarity a tad and I think there's plenty of contrast. If anything, I could slightly close the shadows and better dodge/burn the tree shadow, but I still think there's plenty of depth.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back