City skyline with a fisheye. C&C appreciated

The fisheye effect would be noticeable on a subject a few feet from the lens but the subject is the city which takes up very little of the frame...the lamp post took up more distance from bottom to top and had a slight roundness to it...if there had been a car right in front...it would have been noticeably fisheyed....walleyed....percheyed...whatever...

Yep. The point of me using the fisheye lens for this shot wasn't to get the drastically distorted fisheye effect..... it was to get the huge FOV. There was a noticeable fisheye effect in the original and cropped it out, since that's not what I was going for.

Hey Strad, hope you don't mind... Tried my hand at editing the shot. Hope you like it! I tried to make the skyline pop a little more. :)
editforstrad.jpg

Hey Strad, hope you don't mind... Tried my hand at editing the shot. Hope you like it! I tried to make the skyline pop a little more. :)

We've eaten Bacon together. Anyone that eats Bacon with me is more than welcome to edit my images.
:sexywink:

would love to see this shot with a long exposure at night...the traffic lights intertwining would probably look awesome.

I really don't see how this has the fish eye effect at all, I also have the 10.5 and its pretty obvious when you use it. Unless possibly you have distortion control turned on but I didn't think it would work that well.

There are ways to control distortion just by where you place things like the Horizon and distance of objects. Take a picture of a person that's 1' away from you with a fish lens. Put that person 15' away from you. Notice something?

Most reactions

Back