Clamp Replacement on Light Stand

ElizaMM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can this type of clamp be replaced? It is fixed to the base portion of a light stand and the handle (yellow) tightens on the extension which slides out of the base vertical for raising or lowering the light. I don't want to replace the light stand, if possible. I have tried Googling clamp for light stand resulting in hits that have nothing to do with what I want. Does this part have a dedicated photography name that would narrow down my search results?

Attachments

• clamplightstand.jpg
    clamplightstand.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 291
Can you write/call/email the manufacturer?

It's an old stand. There may have been a label at one time, but no longer.

Most of the pressure would be down once you tighten your clamp screw. The only thing you need to do is hold the clamp once you release it to pull the pipe up. You might try something like this. You can find it at auto parts stores or Wal-Mart. Just make sure your surfaces are free of oil/grease.
8265-S_J-B_Weld-USA_grande_5f045738-0350-44e1-8938-c67ac12c1dcf.jpg

Have you tried replacing the bolt?

The bolt is fine - it's the clamp that is broken. A second one broke this morning, so it may be time for a new stand. Before doing that, I will till try the glue though.

Get a good,tight "wrap" or clamp where you apply the glue,2-part epoxy, or J-B Weld to the knob/nut-bolt juncture. Multiple (20-50) wraps of thread will apply a surprising amount of force.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back