"Classic Car shoot" help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, thanks for the links!

Hmm, adding additional things like mousepads, tshirts, etc is a great idea.

Does anyone know during a typical car show, how many people actually buy prints on average, and if they do, is it just a 4x6, or many 8x10's? If you take enough pictures of their car from different angles, a calendar would be possible, but from what ive seen online, you would have to charge $$$ for the calendar to get a descently made one and make a profit.

Theres no way to predict how many people will buy pictures or what size they will buy. Plus, it mostly depends on the quality of the picture too.

I realize theres no way to predict, I was just wondering what the average could be. :)

I'm told that last year at the event I am shooting this year, almost everyone who entered a car in the show bought a 4x6 and many of them wanted 8x10.
My set up will not be as elaborate as the one mentioned a few threads up, but I intend to do the same thing related to each car passing by a fixed point to have the photo taken. This way I don't have to move around and can set up properly.
Each car will have only one "pose" and it will be almost identical each time. I do intend however, to bracket the shots to be sure of getting a usable exposure,
A polarizing filter is a great idea and I will use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back