Classic Cars

TimothyJinx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.timothymillerphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm really enjoying attending these car shows lately!

1. $IMG_9054 creative 2.jpg

2.$IMG_9069And13more_tonemapped.jpg

3.$IMG_9157 tims creative 2.jpg

4.$IMG_9303 from scratch 1.jpg

Yep, very nice shots. And not overboard with the tonemapping either.

I love classic car shows. They have a fantastic one going on right now at one of the art centers here in Nashville. And prominently displayed on their web site is a rule that states "No photography allowed".

Yep, very nice shots. And not overboard with the tonemapping either.

I love classic car shows. They have a fantastic one going on right now at one of the art centers here in Nashville. And prominently displayed on their web site is a rule that states "No photography allowed".

Thanks Scott. I'm practicing and trying to use HDR simply to get good exposure while adding just a touch of HDR flavor. I have to keep pulling myself back.

Wow, I'm surprised about the photography policy. I've been to four shows in the past week and none of them have had a problem. One of them had a guy taking pics and selling prints but they didn't stop me from shooting. And I've shot probably 50 or 60 cars and not one owner had a problem with it. In fact, most of them are flattered and ask if the pics will be online somewhere.

Thanks Scott. I'm practicing and trying to use HDR simply to get good exposure while adding just a touch of HDR flavor. I have to keep pulling myself back.

Wow, I'm surprised about the photography policy. I've been to four shows in the past week and none of them have had a problem. One of them had a guy taking pics and selling prints but they didn't stop me from shooting. And I've shot probably 50 or 60 cars and not one owner had a problem with it. In fact, most of them are flattered and ask if the pics will be online somewhere.

Agreed. I've been to several shows as well and never had an issue. We even have a classic car museum here in Nashville (Lane Motor Museum) that encourages photography. This show is at an "Art Center" however and they claim that their lenders (presumably the people that lend them the artwork and not their financial lenders) demand the no photography policy. I say it's nonsense, but it's still their place and their rule. It's a shame to since they have some really cool machines there.

Edit .. Woo Hoo!! I just called the people holding the show here and photography IS allowed for the automobile exhibit ONLY, however flash is not allowed. I can live with that ;)

Last edited:
Really like the subtle processing on these. Only critique I have is on #2. Some major haloing around the hood and a reflection in the bumper that looks like part of your photo gear or something. Even if it isn't, I'd clone it out.

How do you get them with no people? I go to a couple of shows every year and can never get a clear shot. Very nice shots.

Nice. I love the Grand Prix ('64 or' 65?)

So right up my alley! Love those cars!
Thanks!

Really like the subtle processing on these. Only critique I have is on #2. Some major haloing around the hood and a reflection in the bumper that looks like part of your photo gear or something. Even if it isn't, I'd clone it out.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm still working on getting the look I want without sometimes getting the halo. Man, I really don't want to have to go in and do that manually. Good catch on the bumper - I think that is me!

How do you get them with no people? I go to a couple of shows every year and can never get a clear shot. Very nice shots.
That's a tough one and I guess you just have to compromise. Sometimes I go early before a lot of people are there. Other times I go straight to the back or the fringes where not many people go. I don't always get the best cars that way but I get nice cars with better compositions! Plus I edit people and other cars out sometimes. I try to get a few shots of an empty parking lot space or grassy area so I can use it later to paint in.

Nice. I love the Grand Prix ('64 or' 65?)
Thanks. But I have no idea! I'm not really a car person. I appreciate the beauty and appeal but I don't know models, makes and years.

Most reactions

Back