Cleaning: A Rite Of Passage? (I Failed)

Discussion in 'Canon Cameras' started by Cortian, Jan 16, 2018.

1. TCampbell

TCampbell Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ahh... so they're gone now. They definitely were "Camera Mart". It was the store I went to all the time when I lived closer to that side of town. But I had noticed the inventory levels seemed to be getting less and less ... and now I see their website indicates that they primarily deal in used gear. They don't appear to be a dealer for "new" equipment from what I can see on their website.

ProCam is pretty big. I used to go to Adray in Dearborn, until they closed. Then I started driving all the way up to Camera Mart... and one day while doing a map search, I found ProCam. I wondered if it wasn't someone operating out of a house because I was sure there was no major camera store in Livonia. So one day I decided to plan a trip to check them out and ... sure enough they're a big store. (They also have a store in Chicago and just opened in Cincinnati). They've become my new local place of choice because they're pretty well stocked and it's a lot easier to pick out equipment when you can see and touch it than trying to shop online. So if I want something like a tripod, a head, a C-stand, etc. (where it's hard to tell how good the build quality is unless you can see it) that's where I go.

2. Cortian

Cortian No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

Thanks. Yup: Those are the ones. (Forgot about the third one.)

*nod*

That's why, in this one respect, I decided to go for broke: I thoroughly "Rocket"ed the entire chamber. The hope was to blow out as much loose dust as possible.

Then a couple gentle puffs on the sensor and I put a lens back on.

I don't know if I got any loose dust out of the chamber, but the process didn't add any new spots on the sensor :p

Thanks for the additional guidance, Tim.