Cleaning the lens

ShootHoops

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ariellemyers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well right off the bat I'm having problems with dust on my lens, since we always seem to generate a lot of dust where we live lol. I wanted to know what I should use to clean my lens. I have some Lens Cloths that are made for glasses, camera lenses, etc...but I'm a little paranoid about using them because they're moist. Maybe it's all in my head. But I wanted an outside opinion before my lens gets too dusty and I'm forced to clean it. Thanks!

If t just dust use an air bulb to blow it away, if it has fingerprints on it, use lens paper. I personally would not use the moist cloths.

TheFinisher3 said:
Well right off the bat I'm having problems with dust on my lens, since we always seem to generate a lot of dust where we live lol. I wanted to know what I should use to clean my lens. I have some Lens Cloths that are made for glasses, camera lenses, etc...but I'm a little paranoid about using them because they're moist. Maybe it's all in my head. But I wanted an outside opinion before my lens gets too dusty and I'm forced to clean it. Thanks!

I would do the following:

• get a very soft lens brush and brush away every particle of dust
  • get some lens cleaning fluid from your photo store
  • get some microfiber cloth for cleaning the lenses
Now brush all the visible dust from the lens, put a few drops of lens fluid onto the microfiber cloth and start very gently rubbing the lens (no pressure whatsoever) in a circular/spiral motion, starting from the center and ending at the edges.

Do not use any paper products, no matter how soft they are. I have gathered many a lens (in my collection) cleaned with such tissue and almost all display cleaning marks. Modern lenses have stronger coatings and glass but still, you don't want to risk it.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Back