Cleaning the sensor

your doing it wrong, you need to use a pressure washer, there's no way that dishwasher has enough water pressure to get those specs off the sensor. And then make sure to use some car polish to get the sensor nice and shiny for perfect photos.

The old spit shine doesn't work, so I'll try some of the other methods recommended. Thanks all!!

Get one of these little guys, must work wonders; the guy can get into every nook and cranny

Sensor-Cleaning.jpg

I can't believe you used the dish washer. I usually take mine to the car wash for that absolute positively powerfull cleaning effect.

dish washer OMG.

this is what i use.

Auto_Ear_Wax_Cleaner.jpg

ear wax or dust, its the same thing.

Maybe there is some residual water left inside. Try filling it with rice, I hear that will pull the moisture out.

Maybe there is some residual water left inside. Try filling it with rice, I hear that will pull the moisture out.

Some one actually did that to a lens that i borrowed and it busted up my Canon XS. Was not happy!!!

EDIT: I removed all the rice from the lens before i returned it so that the next person's camera does not meet the same untimely demise.

I prefer to use one of those canned air dusters except I like to turn it upside down so that the contents is sprayed out as a freezing liquid. Sometimes my sensor gets too hot so I like to cool it down when I can...

Duh! You're supposed to lick it, and then dry it with your sleeve. Makes it spotless, and the saliva prevents fungus, if enough is used. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back