Cliche... First Wedding

andrewrozell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
debated posting these at all, but what the hell, right?

as always, c&C welcomed

1)
wedding01.JPG

2)
wedding02.JPG

3)
wedding03.JPG

4)
wedding04.JPG

They seem to be a tad bit out of focus and not very sharp. In the second picture there is something bothering about the mans pants as they look very awkward and my eye keeps falling to that instead of there faces.

They seem a bit cool to me... anyone else?

Gene

Not bad. I think the first one would have been better with a big fat aperture to get the soft edges around her face. Good composition, though.

C&C per req:

1. Hmmmm, a nice attempt, but I don't think it quite makes it for a couple of reasons. First, her expression says to me, "What the heck did I step in?" and not "I'm excited to be getting married!" and from a compositional aspect, it's usually better to have the empty space in front rather than behind the subject. Also stay alert for distractions such as the plant image right.

2. Slightly over-exposed (wedding dresses can be miserable, I suggest using your EC and going 1/3 stop either side for white outdoors on a bright day) and not fond of the angle, but that's a personal preference.

3. Nice, but could use a little brightening and saturation boost.

4. Nice pose, but I think the WB is a little off.

Overall, nice work for a first wedding.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

tirediron, thank you for you comments and suggestions. i think i agree with all your comments in looking over my pictures again.

i have contacted some local photographers to see about second shooting to gain some valuable experience.

hey I think they are nice. specialy for a first wedding! I would put a little more into the processing of the image ...

like following, a bit more color, sharpness, brightness and a soft blur around the borders.

wedding04.jpg

I find it that with wedding the soft blur around the edges works great! gives the image a tad more romance :D. ofcours not al the images but some yea why not :D

nr. 2 I would crop a little (for he pants of the guy)
nr. 1, the next time try that pose but have her look at the camera directly, with a crooked smile.

overall good job! just a bit more color in there :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back