Cliché Photos or Typical Pics

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How about a post of those pics that everyone probably has that have really become a photographer's cliche pics. I'll start with a shot of the Vietnam Memorial which I think makes a beautiful picture, but it's a shot that everyone probably has done. I invisioned maybe a shot of a reflection of a uniformed military personnel saluting the memorial...perhaps another day.

Original post gone - link broken :(

Nobody wants to admit they take cliche photos I guess. I personally don't have any, blub blub blub... ;)

Okay, I'll bite:

wine.jpg

camaro-crop.jpg

Unfortunately I sold the above (using this photo in the ad). DIdn't want to maintain it anymore.

ah, the Lincoln Memorial - my favorite place to sit and have lunch - enjoy watching the visitors!

LittleMan said:
Taken a billion times..... still love it!:D

25185515.jpg
:D

You are so right, no matter how many times I try to get a shot of the moon... even though it's only been twice so far... I still love the results :)

moon01.jpg

moon02.jpg

Johnboy2978 said:
I'll start with a shot of the Vietnam Memorial which I think makes a beautiful picture, but it's a shot that everyone probably has done.

Hah. Never even heard of it before.

I got a couple of good cliché pictures in mind, though. I try to avoid taking them myself, so I can't show them off.

1. parents/family/friends etc. in front of well known tourist attraction, like your grand parents standing in front of the eiffel tower, or you standing in front of the great wall of china.

2. erotic black/white pictures of the female body, especially if the picture has a pretentious name like "ode to humanity". bleah. spare me, please.

3. the party shot. dear god, the party shot. you know what I mean, a picture with strong flash of two friends partying, all you see are their drunk faces while the background is completely black.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back