Client demanding RAW files. Now what?

old thread, long dead...

I would contact the authorities if he is being verbally abusive, that could constitute assault.

No, it wouldn't. Assault means that someone, well, assaulted you and usually even requires physical injury to count.

Um, not quite.

I know I'm late to the party here, but assault is when one person acts in a manner such as to physically harm another in a way that makes the person under attack feel threatened. Actual physical contact is not necessary; threatening gestures that would alarm any reasonable person can constitute an assault.

To fit the definition of assault, the threat must accompany the real possibility of bodily harm. In other words, you cannot assault someone over the phone.

When actual physical contact is involved, then you're talking battery.

Carry on. :mrgreen:

Jon

As an aside, it's quite possible that when he is saying "raw" files he means all of the jpegs or whatever-- more than a few people I've come in contact with have a weird notion that the photographer is somehow hiding images from them. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but it sure is more logical than wanting a CD of .nefs or .cr2s.

That said, a contract is a contract. My guess is that there was no mistake, he's just trying to bully you into saving him a few dollars.

you might have something here,he my be calling it raw files but he dont know what that means if he is going to wall mart with them

Old thread, long dead...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back