Climb on down into the whiskey barrel

Scotch used to be my choice of booze. But I have evolved to vino. I still have a beer or a whisky every now and then, but nothing mixed, except a Margarita on a hot day. Gary makes his own orange liqueur which he blends into his snowball Margaritas and for his Sangria.

But now he enjoys sipping wine a few days a week at dinner. California makes some of the best wines in the world.

Whiskey is something I still haven't acquired a taste for. I just don't like it, but that's the case for most hard alcohol.

I'm much more a fan of a good red wine. Cabernet is my favorite.

Ain't nothing wrong with wine :) I prefer bold reds, like the Cabs or a good old vine Zin. A shiraz is tricky - I like the taste but for some reason, wines made with that grape tend to trigger headaches, especially those from Australia.

I realize that this is going to make me sound like a huge lush, but I enjoy wine and beer as well as a good cocktail made with hard liquor. They just serve different purposes for me.
I looooove wine. There are some great vineyards in my area, and one of my favorite things to do is spend a Sunday visiting my favorite ones and wine tasting with friends. We always get a driver though, because by the time we hit the last vineyard (where they make brick oven pizza) we're pretty wine drunk.

Sometimes I like a fancy martini when I'm drinking at the bar, but for the most part I just stick to red wine.

Whiskey is something I still haven't acquired a taste for. I just don't like it, but that's the case for most hard alcohol.

Ain't nothing wrong with wine :) I prefer bold reds, like the Cabs or a good old vine Zin. A shiraz is tricky - I like the taste but for some reason, wines made with that grape tend to trigger headaches, especially those from Australia.

I realize that this is going to make me sound like a huge lush, but I enjoy wine and beer as well as a good cocktail made with hard liquor. They just serve different purposes for me.
I looooove wine. There are some great vineyards in my area, and one of my favorite things to do is spend a Sunday visiting my favorite ones and wine tasting with friends. We always get a driver though, because by the time we hit the last vineyard (where they make brick oven pizza) we're pretty wine drunk.

Sometimes I like a fancy martini when I'm drinking at the bar, but for the most part I just stick to red wine.
@ Dan-

If you're ever in SoCal. Hit me up. We'll have some fun exploring my wine frig.

@ Dan-

Dan will definitely do that!

@ Dan-

Dan will definitely do that!
Good! I'm a member of wineries from Sonoma to Paso to Temecula. So there is a wide variety to choose from.

Last edited:
Give me rum, two fingers of Flor de cana 12yo please

Probably an Ardbeg Corryvreckan, but I'm partial to a Caol Isla 18 yr old and a Laphroig Select too.
OMG you make me happy....Ardbeg is high on my list, and Caol Isla IS MY FAVORITE but it's so difficult to find.

I otherwise gravitate to anything truly Scotch, aged, single malt...or some of the top shelf Kentuckys.

Whiskey is an acquired taste, and it's all that acquiring that makes it interesting.

Most reactions

Back