Definitely get to it, plus i see you're in NY State which has A TON of incredible hiking options!!

For sure! Not sure if you're familiar but I'm planning to start knocking off the Adirondack high peaks one at a time this summer. I also have a few 2-3 day trips planned to camp out at some incredible spots for astrophotography.

Definitely get to it, plus i see you're in NY State which has A TON of incredible hiking options!!

For sure! Not sure if you're familiar but I'm planning to start knocking off the Adirondack high peaks one at a time this summer. I also have a few 2-3 day trips planned to camp out at some incredible spots for astrophotography.

That's awesome you're going to love it! There's a few really great dark sky spots on the east coast despite the light pollution.

You climbed that mountain and I am trying to train my dog to get a beer out of the fridge for me, so I don't have to get up off the couch... :trink39:

You climbed that mountain and I am trying to train my dog to get a beer out of the fridge for me, so I don't have to get up off the couch... :trink39:

Hey if you can manage let me know your methods. Just because I climbed a mountain doesn't mean I don't want to remain on my rear while watching a game lol

Wonderful set and journey. Thanks for sharing. Your pictures at the top remind me of the ones I took on Maui, Hawaii at 10,000 feet at the top of Haleakalā Crater at sunset. No. I didn't climb. Took a bus. But the cold and lack of oxygen was very noticeable even though it was much lower than Kilimanjaro. The lighting was very was interesting. It was very bright and it seemed to be two toned. Heavy contrast between light and dark, an eerie out-of-world look. Did you notice that too?

WOW!! What a trip!! Excellent photos too. They really tells a story about the adventure. Bravo!!

Thank you!

Wonderful set and journey. Thanks for sharing. Your pictures at the top remind me of the ones I took on Maui, Hawaii at 10,000 feet at the top of Haleakalā Crater at sunset. No. I didn't climb. Took a bus. But the cold and lack of oxygen was very noticeable even though it was much lower than Kilimanjaro. The lighting was very was interesting. It was very bright and it seemed to be two toned. Heavy contrast between light and dark, an eerie out-of-world look. Did you notice that too?

Thanks for the compliments! You can start feeling the difference in oxygen at as little as 3500 feet, 10,000 feet is no small feat (pun intended)! It certainly was a very eerie experience, and it did not feel like anything else on Earth when up top as the Sun was coming up over the clouds that we stood on top of.

Most reactions

Back