closeoutdigital.com??

No. I just didn't recognize the lens by that number. I'm by no means a knowledgeable shopper. I wouldn't know the going prices of anything without doing a lot of investigating. From my perspective, it looks as if you have found a very nice kit. Congratulations!

No. I just didn't recognize the lens by that number. I'm by no means a knowledgeable shopper. I wouldn't know the going prices of anything without doing a lot of investigating. From my perspective, it looks as if you have found a very nice kit. Congratulations!

Thanks. I think it is the same kit lens. Not really sure how good it is but I had to have something on it??? They said the only difference is they don't do kits so they have them in separate boxes. The cards are 32's 80 speed whatever that means.

Also, FWIW: I like the idea of patronizing a local B&M shop.

Also, FWIW: I like the idea of patronizing a local B&M shop.
No doubt. I feel a little better about the purchase than buying grey from a unknown online retailer. Haven't used a dslr in years though. least not regularly. I've been in love with bridge cameras more recently. so this is a different step for me. Maybe a step in taking photography a little more serious as I must admit I've been a total goof off at this for years.

okay. First impression. I took it out of the box this morning.
coming from my Nikon bridge camera. The layout is somewhat intuitive already. This thing has even more menus and options. little confusing to say the least. IT is still built kind of cheesy, putting the battery in plastic, plastic, plastic. It weighs more, putting it on my neck I felt the difference for sure. It isn't as convenient, portable. I put on the fifty. (Had to figure out how to turn the camera on and bring up the lcd). Going through the menus, a good portion I don't recognize. And it has even MORE menu than the bridge. But putting on the fifty, manual focus, put the camera in manual. Figure out what was what in manual on the camera body and took a few. And WOW. Not so much the photo quality, as on the lcd I don't see a big difference from my 18mp Nikon bridge (imagine I will when they go to paper though). But this thing, is like LUXURY compared to shooting with my bridge camera. The weight sucks, but I never realized how much work it took shooting with the bridge compared to this thing. its like driving a Cadillac. And manual focus on the ring. im loving that option. shutter speed going to like 8k ap dropping in the 1's. I cant do that on my bridge. WAY, way more options. I kept exceeding my bridge capabilities and trying to work around them. I just never realized how HARD I have it shooting with the bridge camera. This is going to make my photo taking SOOOOOOOOOO much easier. I had to fight to get any bokeh from the bridge. I just did it accidently with this thing playing with it. what a difference. And its more manual, right up my alley I get that. I tried auto, damn flash popped up. went right back to manual. I can do this right out of the box long as its on manual. Just different, tolerances and variances from the bridge camera. so shutter speed and ap on the bridge is different on this. so it kind of like relearning what works. But WAY more room on this to adjust settings. Way more range. It is like going from driving a kia to a Cadillac. And I haven't even started to scratch the surface or actually used it for real yet. As of now, could probably still take better photos with the bridge, course im accustomed to it. But in time, I think ill be flying through this thing.

I remember when I first got my d7000 .. that stupid popup flash. I wanted to tape it down.

I remember when I first got my d7000 .. that stupid popup flash. I wanted to tape it down.
yeah that surprised me. On the bridge I have to push a button for it to pop up. This things got like power windows. The auto focus is twice as fast. I don't have to pause a second for it to find itself., The big test is going to be in dim light iso for noise and with the 70-300 telephoto. This is where the bridge falls short with excessive noise and the autofocus searching and going in and out of focus trying to find its way near the end of its 180 zoom. This camera will also let me keep in the higher fs I think. where as with the bridge any dim light I have to drop it wayyyyy down. im hoping I can keep higher shutter speeds too so I have less concern with out of focus because of no tripod and camera shake. I really am getting the impression this thing is going to make my life a WHOLE lot easier.

should I dare to buy anything from this place?

The prices seem good but some of the reviews are downright scary!

When I find myself asking myself this, I usually find that I've already answered my own question...

Most reactions

Back