Clothes line

just to stick my two cents worth in on darkroom and printing. Toss the book out, once you know how to do it, if it feels right to you then by golly it is right.

I know i'm going to catch hell again, but i'm sorry I hate rules and conformity in most things.

First shot for me. More interest from the highlighted area, than in shot 2, which just looks like a "average" landscape ruined by a washing line!! Sorry, couldn't think of any other way of putting it!

Thanks for the feedback, comments and critiques everyone, they are greatly appreciated! Its interesting to see how the different pics appeal to different people.

santino: I like both the pics, although I prefer the surrealness of the first. However, you'll be proud to know that this shot was taken with a praktica b200 ;)

greasemonkey: It was a different darkroom print, I use photoshop stuff like dust removal

hammy: I used Arista EDU 100 (I think you can only buy it from freestyle) and D-76 1:1

Tuna: I agree with you, the second does have more tones and is better technically it doesn't really convey the original idea. And no, I didn't use the zorki for this shot, this was with a Praktica B200. The rangefinders still get plenty of use though ;)

terri: Yeah, the first one is definately more surreal.
That first shot is the absolute best thing I've ever seen from you, Darin
Thank you very much :D

Jeff: The second one still looks sort of surreal to me, not as much as the first. I guess it all depends on the person looking at it :)

mysteryscribe:
once you know how to do it, if it feels right to you then by golly it is right.
So true :)

Tuna said:
Your approach to make it appear more surreal comes through in your initial conception of the final product - the first one for me. It is more of an original thought derived from the raw capture.

i completely agree...well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back