CLOUDY SKY SILHOUETTE "" "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok here's two , First I guess do they rate ??? and second , which one works better??

B+W VS COLOR.... Your the jury , and any critique along the way welcome...

Shot today, June 12/07

MooseSillhoutte.jpg

BWMOOSESILH.jpg

If you're going for a silhouette, the first one is too light in the foreground. The b&w is a great image though. An enhancement to this image would be to shoot it around sunset.

B&W easy. The color adds nothing to the image and B&W forces the viewer to concentrate on texture, light, and composition. I would take less blue out of the grayscale conversion so the sky is more dramatic.

jimismydaddy,,, <------ tuff name to spell lol... Hey thanks for the comments... not real sure what you mean on the color shot( to Light Foreground ?) but ya like the B+W , so counting that vote lol,,,Thanks again!

Sw1tchFX.... and thanking U2... I hear what your saying... and on the B+W , I did have a more dramatic popping sky , but wasn't sure if I liked it that way, it just had a hmmmm kind of overdone / unnatural look... but appreciate your take and suggestion on this... Thanks!

#3 for B&W. And I'd crank the contrast back in as it would go very well with the stark transition from horse to sky.

i agree about the color silhouette business and think the second one is the better of the two.

however i don't think the image "rates" because the sillouette isn't very good to begin with, as far as what i see of the horse, i wish there was a second one, or a person, or something.

gtkelly...thanks , will look into the contrast...

zioneffect....jimismydaddy.... ok was thinking on that line, wasn't sure...

newrmdmike... I hear ya on this, guess color shot not flying at all... would have been nice to have a person there next to horse , holding some reins or something.. buttttt what can ya do ... hey Thanks for commenting..

Looking Like B+W is gonna be a clear winner here...

What about selective color on the sky? I like the blue from the color but I think the green grass takes away from the silhouette.

Most reactions

Back