Clover Macro

alik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

this photo I've made this weekend. I was "sleeping" on the grass and... ;-)

P1030544b.jpg

Personally, I think this is one of my very best shots; however, I really love to hear your opinions and critiques as well - there's always space to improve. Thanks.

Subject:
Clover (macro)

Technical details:
Panasonic FZ7
Exp 1/500
F 8
ISO 80

Postprocessing:
Croping

This is framed well and colors are good but the subject is just a little out of focus, which really hinders this shot. I like that it looks like you would have had to get down on the ground to get this shot. The perspective is refreshing.

I love the colors and the fact that you got down to take the shot makes the photo perspective stunning. The leaves are slightly blurry, but I think a smaller F stop would clear things up?
all in all great photo keep up the good work!:thumbup:

Very nice! Giving the tiny flower such a giant appearance makes for a slightly surreal image. You should continue to explore this perspective.

Hi,

thank you for your feedback. I was really lying down on the ground, having my photo pushed to the ground and taking it from the shortest distance the camera is designed for (5 cm).

However, I don't understand fully the "a smalle F stop" reason. Would someone explain me it please? Thanks.

However, I don't understand fully the "a smalle F stop" reason. Would someone explain me it please? Thanks.

you took this on F8, if you tried F14 you will increase the DOF (Depth of field) and all the flower will be in focus, not just the nearest part

try taking shots with a small depth and a large depth of field... you will be suprised by the difference it makes :)

Just trying to help ;)

PS
when you change the F from 8 to 14, it will make the exposure darker, you will have to compensate by choosing a slower shutter speed to compensate.

I think it's better in that not all is in focus. It would be less visually appealing (at least to me) if the leaves were in focus too.

you took this on F8, if you tried F14

Hi and thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately, my camera has F8 as its maximum. Neverthless, I will play with it.

Beautiful shot...next time break of the leaf that has been eaten by some kind of worm..:) otherwise beautiful...blur is good sometimes...but wouldn't hurt to have it all in focus..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back