Clown makeup

Jazz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(Hope I chose the right section for this)
My girlfriend gave me some clown makeup and a clown nose for a Christmas present, and we found an old clown wig and bow tie. Last weekend I decided to give it a try, having never put on makeup before. What a hoot, and what a mess. :D Kathy documented the whole thing, and here are some shots from the two different sessions.

1. First, here’s me without any makeup.
124291505-M.jpg

2. I’m starting to laugh here because she has just moved the lens (visible in the mirror) right against my cheek, smearing the white paint all over the outside of the lens hood.
126665486-L.jpg

3. Glasses were a problem. Can’t see without ‘em, so the makeup has to be brushed on behind the glasses, which was wierd. The paint eventually got all over the glasses, of course.
126531984-L.jpg

4. I put the white and flesh paints on first. Each color gets powdered after applying it. Powder gets everywhere!. Now comes the red.
126531993-L.jpg

And finally the black outline.
126532002-L.jpg

6. First studio shot, with makeup only.
126532015-L.jpg

7. Now add the nose.
126532032-L.jpg

8. Final results.
126532050-L.jpg

9. Trying to frown and be sad, but it came out looking worried instead. lol
126532057-L.jpg

At the end, we went out for a walk down Broadway. A couple of kids said hi, but other than that nobody really paid much attention. Wasn't odd enough, I guess. :)

All comments, critiques and posing ideas for the next session are welcome.

Haha thats great! sounds like fun :thumbup:

Ab$olut, pacereve, Shoothoops, Woodsac, GrfxGuru - Thank you all for your comments! :D

I think next time I'll try to do a sad clown and maybe a dark clown. Lots of possibilities.

nr 5 and 8 are the best photos IMO
5 has a good honest facial expression and I like the use of shadows in nr 8

But I hate clowns, clowns are scary. They have something to hide...

jeroen and emo - Thank you for commenting.

But I hate clowns, clowns are scary. They have something to hide...
:lol::lol::lol:

(Actually, 3 or 4 people have told me that, which makes me want to do a dark clown next time.:wink:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back