Coastal Sunrise

waiting

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got up nice and early this morning and went for a long drive to the coast.
The sky was pretty average but I'm still very happy with them.
As I'm still learning any advice would be great!

9533246951_52f7980230_c.jpg

9533255065_aafebd830b_c.jpg

9536037572_6d78a7bcda_c.jpg

9536199160_1a743c7ba3_c.jpg

9533382653_7697c05c85_c.jpg

Tonally, they are all quite nice but the only one which works for me is the second as it has none of the overly distracting elements caused by the extreme wide angle of the lens. bent railing, poles, piers, etc draw the eye first.

I'm a sucker for coastal seascapes.

You have a good exposure time on these- the lines of the surf are very interesting to view. The second image is my favorite as well, although I'm not as bothered by the lens distortion on the others. I can see that it exists, but perhaps I'm more forgiving of it because I'm so partial to the subject material. Much of the distortion could be corrected to a great extent in PP:

$003wt0ivqt.jpg

I like them all, fourth is probably my favorite. Looks like you were working with some tough light, and coastal photos are challenging.

I like 4 a lot but they all look great. I also like the color differences in the last one. Great group of shots.

I apologize for not been able to afford a TS lens haha. Na I myself am not overly phased by the distortion wide lenses cause. I think it adds a little something in some cases but I suppose the pier legs look a tad silly.
How would you guys PP it out apart from skewing the Image which I think kills to much of the overall Image size and quality?

Yes it is a bunker. There's a few where I went.

9542277220_e3a084e261_c.jpg

9539343777_f6314bf6b0_c.jpg

If I had to pick one it would be no2, nice shots all round, love the bunker

Thanks heaps guys!
Can't wait to get out and get some more! I'm addicted!!!

Beautiful scenes, love all the set!
My favorite is no 5. I like this perspective and the color of the water with the tree just make everything pop out.

Thanks again guys.
I'd never been there before so I thought I'd wing it which I'm very glad I did!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back