CoastalConn is so good, he's on Yellowstone Forum!

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found Kris mentioned in a forum that was reviewing the Tamron 150-600 and he mentioned Kris. That is why I posted this here..

A few years ago, we worked at Yellowstone and loved it. There is a forum (of course) that I still look at now and again.
Well, the 'Kris' of that site (Bill Jackson) went to Sanibel, Fl recently with his new Tamron and did bird shots.
He has lens advice as well as photos but mentions 'our' Kris 2ce!

For those curious for more Tamron info, take a look.
Nancy

Tamron 150-600mm Lens at Sanibel Island FL - Best of the Tetons

I saw that he had mentioned Kris also. I've been following Mike Jackson's website and the Yellowstone forum all winter in preparation for my trip to Yellowstone at the end of month. Any inside info for my trip Nancy?

Last edited:
I am jealous!!
I am sure you have been on the websites for info. You will be in heaven. You will be 1 of many with great gear hoisted on your tripod waiting for the action :)
Bring good binoculars for all in your party.
Warm clothes in case it still gets cold. BEAR spray. It's $50 + in the park.
Hardly any phone service, you'll eat up your battery trying.
Where are you staying?

I am jealous!!
I am sure you have been on the websites for info. You will be in heaven. You will be 1 of many with great gear hoisted on your tripod waiting for the action :)
Bring good binoculars for all in your party.
Warm clothes in case it still gets cold. BEAR spray. It's $50 + in the park.
Hardly any phone service, you'll eat up your battery trying.
Where are you staying?

I cant wait. We're staying outside the park. First 3 days Gardiner Mt. for Northern part of the park, Then 3 days in West Yellowstone Mt. Then 2 days in Jackson Hole for the Grand Tetons

Nancy,
Thanks for mentioning my blog site! Just a "minor" correction...My name is Mike Jackson (not Bill). No problem!

Kris's photos helped put me over the top when trying to decide whether to buy the Tamron 150-600mm. He had so many beautiful shots on his page! If he can get that many wonderful shots, I hoped the lens would serve me equally well. So far, it has been a tremendous surprise.

Here's the link again for the Sanibel shots: Tamron 150-600mm Lens at Sanibel Island, FL
Lots more Tamron shots on this page: April 2015 Daily Updates & Photos for Grand Teton National Park & JH:
The new May page has quite a few on it already now, too.

Cheers,
Mike Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Sorry Mike, I knew a Bill Jackson once...Freudian slip :/
You have wonderful photos and always thoroughly enjoy them!
Glad to see you here on this forum, what a coincidence of today?!
Nancy

Most reactions

Back