Cobblestone Bliss

toddham

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Here is a shot i got in Charleston SC the weekend of June 5, 2005. I cannot seem to locate the actual name of this street but it is near Pickney St. and the Andrew PIckney Inn.
CobbleStoneBliss.jpg

What i was trying to capture here is a Tranquility, Old World Charm, and a touch of nature.

I used my Canon Digital Rebel (300D) with a 18-55MM lens.

OTE.
Critique away!
Thanks
Todd

Hi Todd - welcome to TPF! :)

In studying your image, I find that it's not really taking me anywhere - it's a shot of a cobblestone street, yes, but where does this go? I think seeing some architecture at the end of the street would help you convey what you are trying to convey. By itself, that "old world charm" is lacking for me.

I would also suggest you exclude the power lines as much as possible in shots like this - they don't do much to enhance the shot.

I am betting you took a lot of pictures while there - Charleston is supposed to be such a beautiful old city - I'd like to see some more! :D

Welcome to the forum! :)

I think this shot would have been really improved if you would have stooped down a little, maybe on one knee to get a different perspective and fill more of the frame with the street. I'm a bit distracted by the driveway on the right, and as Terri said the powerlines kind of kill the "old world" feeling, but those could be photoshopped out.

Hope to see more from you!

Thanks for the comments. I'll keep those in mind next time.

Unfortunately I did not take many pictures, my wife and i went there for our anniversary (first time without the kids in several years) and i tried to focus on her. I want to go back just to take pictures though, there are so many beautiful spaces there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back