Cod liver oil and the Fuji 80mm macro

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wasn't feeling it yesterday so I tried something different. Cod liver oil on a filter, placed over the 80 macro. It was a little messy but doable. I used the cod liver oil as opposed to baby oil because it was thicker and more controllable. I'm over the experiment, PITA. I would rather buy a Lensbaby than deal with the mess and accuracy challenges. XT2

Codliver (1).jpg

Codliver (2).jpg

Codliver (3).jpg

It is messy, but looks like you got some great effects. Sure you could buy a Lensbaby, but these are unique, an extension of your creativity, not a cookie cutter image produced by something you purchased.

Sorry for the mess, but nice shots!

Absolutely lovely! The last one is especially nice. That deserves to be printed large on metallic paper and displayed prominently over your laundry sink or somewhere else equally important!

Looks like you got nice effects JC.

It is messy, but looks like you got some great effects. Sure you could buy a Lensbaby, but these are unique, an extension of your creativity, not a cookie cutter image produced by something you purchased.

Every little adjustment makes a difference as to end result Smoke, so cookie cutter doesn't really apply to a Lensbaby;)

Every little adjustment makes a difference as to end result Smoke, so cookie cutter doesn't really apply to a Lensbaby;)

Dean my comment wasn't meant to dis the Lensbaby, and I agree that adjustments can make a difference in the outcome, but the method JC used takes creativity outside the realm of the basic capability of the tool (lens). IE: Can a Lensbaby produce an image with multiple sharp focus points with extreme DOF at random locations in the frame for example. With his method you can, simply by altering where you apply it and shooting at a higher aperture, you get the best of both. Can a Lensbaby alter the amount of blur/more/less in random places across the frame? Depending on how messy you are in applying the vaseline you can create some strange images. It's like Freelensing https://petapixel.com/2013/04/30/a-photographers-guide-to-freelensing-the-poor-mans-tilt-shift-lens/ it puts more of the creativity in the hands of the photographer and less in the equipment.

Dean my comment wasn't meant to dis the Lensbaby, and I agree that adjustments can make a difference in the outcome, but the method JC used takes creativity outside the realm of the basic capability of the tool (lens). IE: Can a Lensbaby produce an image with multiple sharp focus points with extreme DOF at random locations in the frame for example. With his method you can, simply by altering where you apply it and shooting at a higher aperture, you get the best of both. Can a Lensbaby alter the amount of blur/more/less in random places across the frame? Depending on how messy you are in applying the vaseline you can create some strange images. It's like Freelensing https://petapixel.com/2013/04/30/a-photographers-guide-to-freelensing-the-poor-mans-tilt-shift-lens/ it puts more of the creativity in the hands of the photographer and less in the equipment.

Diggin a hole here...

They are beautiful!

Most reactions

Back