Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Coffee Shop

p742415123-5.jpg

I do like the deasturated look here and the kindle with the other guys books in the background is a nice juxtapostition. I do wonder what the lady on the kindle is reading, kinda looks like she just read the plot twist!

FYI this was shot at 1/10th f6.3 at 32 mm iso 640 with Oly OMD 5 and Pana 12-35
Converted with Perfect Effects 8 (Chrome) (my first try with it)
And also my first try using the tilting lcd.

and the coffee was great

I was attracted to this shot because of the three layer composition and the 3 different media types.(The woman in the center was reading some sort of journal but that didn't show well)

The lady placed within the slightly shallower DOF, (with her more grounded demeanor), gives a good emphasis.

The lady placed within the slightly shallower DOF, (with her more grounded demeanor), gives a good emphasis.

Lucky guess for me on DOF since I'm not familiar enough with those lenses to make more than a decent guess - and the people were laid out perfectly.
This emphasized for me the usefulness of an m4/3, the tilting lcd and the totally inconspicuous body.
I took ~20 frames and no one noticed. Several with the camera to my eye.

Very nice; it looks to me almost like a still from a film/tv show, and with all the retro/kitchy American signs and objects too.
Was it as quiet as it appears in there?

Lucky guess for me on DOF since I'm not familiar enough with those lenses to make more than a decent guess - and the people were laid out perfectly.
This emphasized for me the usefulness of an m4/3, the tilting lcd and the totally inconspicuous body.
I took ~20 frames and no one noticed. Several with the camera to my eye.

Not so quiet, they do a good business, coffee is excellent, pastries are terrific, the people working there are interesting.
This shot required a bit of timing, I knew the shutter speed was slow and so I had to look for an instant when there was no obvious movement.
The woman in the background would turn pages and the guy would move a bit.
A good few of the shots were motion blurred in some way.

It makes me want to know what he is reading. I hope it's some deep world questioning text and not 50 shades of gray.

Coke can's a multiple pin-hole camera. Awesome curved pano of the whole room.

It makes me want to know what he is reading. I hope it's some deep world questioning text and not 50 shades of gray.

“Demarginalizing the intersection of race and sex: A Black feminist critique of antidiscrimination doctrine, feminist theory, and antiracist politics,” either that or a Batman manga

A multiple-pinhole camera?? If I were a dog my ears would be perking up like crazy right now.

Love the shot, Lew!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back